Fixed: Magic items selling bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Fixed: Magic items selling bug

Post by Safir »

Whenever selling magic clothing or jewelry to NPC vendors I select the items (up to 5) I want to sell, and I get an amount on how much I'll get for the trade. Problem is that it's not the amount I get. It'll say that what I'm selling is going to give me say 74 gold, but in fact after the trade I get 20 or something like that. I doesn't matter how many items I sell (up to 5), but as long as they're "magic" items of clothing or jewelry, as in a "magical straw hat of weakness (with x amount of charges left)" I don't get the full amount. These are the only two types of items I've noticed this with.

Derrick

Re: Magic items selling bug

Post by Derrick »

Thanks, this was previously a problem with weapons too. Looking into this.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Sweet, thanx! Too bad I've sold all mi stuff already. ;) haha

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Derrick wrote:Thanks, this was previously a problem with weapons too. Looking into this.
Ehmm... I just noticed... Problems with weps too. Not armor though.

You know when this might be fixed so I can start sellin' my clothing/jewelry and armor? ;)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

May I ask if this has been fixed yet, or when it might get done? ;)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the bump. I started right in on this issue this morning, and it and a lot of other wierdness with vendors should be fixed tommorrow.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Nice ty! I actually tried it about an hour or so ago and it was still there. Lookin' forward to sellin' a necklace for 90 instead of 13. ;)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Ok, umm, it's still "bugged"...

Before the latest server restart I'd have say a necklace or a tunic that shows the sale price of 70, but when it sells, it'd sell for 13 or so.

Now, after the restart, when selling said items, the price shown to be sold would be 13, and I'd get 13. So it's correct in the way that the information in the sale window matches the actual amount sold for. BUT, not what it should sell for, ie 70 (what was shown in the selling window before the restart).

From what I've seen, this is the case for magic jewelry, magic clothing (all kinds) and also for most magic weapons. For armors, it works like it "should". So iunno, perhaps look at the coding for the armors?

(the prices in this topic are only for example and not actual prices, hope everyone understands)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, the bug was in the discrepancy. I understand it's a little inconvenient, but the NPC vendors are shrewd and will happily take a bracelet of invisibility off your hands for 13gp if you don't know what the item is (if you haven't identified it)

The cause of the original problem was that in the menu itself, the vendors were appraising the items as if they were identified items, but they were paying the correct amount for unidentified items. The discrepancy was not occurring if the items were identified.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Oh frack et! lol
Disregard my previous post. ;)

I just read the Patch notes for Patch 92 (the latest), and the items sold must be identified to the player selling the items to get the full price...
Derrick, Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons. wrote:
  • NPC Vendor changes:
    • The Vendor Sell Menu and the actual sell price are now consistent for unidentified items.
      • Vendors will not pay above the value of the jewelry itself if the items is unknown to the seller.
      • The source of the bug was that they were appraising the item based on it's identified value, but only paying out the unidentified value.
    • Items which lose durability will become fully repaired when sold to a vendor.
    • Normal weapons, armor, jewelry and clothing sold to a vendor will now stack with his existing stock.
    • Vendor Items which are supposed to stock at a quantity less than 20 will now restock properly
    • Jewelers now sell silver jewelry.
    • Alchemists will now buy player crafted potions.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Well, I just thought of this, in that case the armors are bugged.. lol

I mean, I get "full" price on un-IDd armors.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Safir wrote:Well, I just thought of this, in that case the armors are bugged.. lol

I mean, I get "full" price on un-IDd armors.
Aye, I noticed this when i was in there. Only the spell enchantments are abiding by this currently. There are a couple other minor things in there that need to be fixed still. Thanks!

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”