Brace Yourself! An IDOC is on the Horizon!

Topics related to Second Age
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Brace Yourself! An IDOC is on the Horizon!

Post by Blaise »

keelonzo wrote: I love how blaise just "pops in" to laugh and point fingers and remind everyone that this shard "sucks," but then says something complimentary *kinda* and goes off to play on another server - cracks me up!
Actually, I'm here all the time because I troll forums at work, derp. I also don't specifically say the shard "sucks", but I will not pretend like I agree with every practice here. I support the efforts of Derrick toward his goals, I just don't care to play with these mechanics on any regular basis anymore. I do have fun goofing off and hanging with my old aquaintances here though.

What cracks me up is how many people pretend like they're NOT doing the same thing. Now that's hilarious.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Blaise wrote:
keelonzo wrote: I love how blaise just "pops in" to laugh and point fingers and remind everyone that this shard "sucks," but then says something complimentary *kinda* and goes off to play on another server - cracks me up!
Actually, I'm here all the time because I troll forums at work, derp. I also don't specifically say the shard "sucks", but I will not pretend like I agree with every practice here. I support the efforts of Derrick toward his goals, I just don't care to play with these mechanics on any regular basis anymore. I do have fun goofing off and hanging with my old aquaintances here though.

What cracks me up is how many people pretend like they're NOT doing the same thing. Now that's hilarious.

Blaise, I was always curious of your opinion on server events. If you had the choice would you bring them back, or do you not want them around? I know this is off topic, but you obviously have strong opinions on certain aspects of the shard, and so I was always curious to know where you stand on this subject. (If you have answered this before, I did not see it in a post, so this is a serious question, not trying to be a smart ass of any kind).
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

As it pertains to my personal desires, I loved the shard events. Monster Bashes, CTFs and even the Tournaments. I had just begun to dabble in the Tournaments when the abuse of the system brought all the fun crashing down around us. I put forth a fair amount of time and energy putting on shard events and honestly, as much as I loved the outcome, I just can't do that on any sustainable level.

TL:DR = Yes, I love events, player run or automated with the latter being the most reliable/enjoyable usually.

As it pertains to the goals of the shard, they are completely NEA and have no place at all in a world where staunch mechanical accuracy is the stated goal. I have always supported that goal, even if I don't agree with it %100.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Yea, I support era accuracy too. I just feel that events have nothing to do with the era, they have to do with being a player run shard, and in a player supported community. Its not a patch, or a mechanic, its something to give back to the people who play. I just wish theyd come back :(
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Menkaure wrote:Yea, I support era accuracy too. I just feel that events have nothing to do with the era, they have to do with being a player run shard, and in a player supported community. Its not a patch, or a mechanic, its something to give back to the people who play. I just wish theyd come back :(
I agree to some extent. They are a great system to USE the mechanics of the era in, but their inclusion also means fewer player events and more players just waiting for auto-events and doing jack shit in the field, I guess.

I always thought activity was on fire leading up to and after events, but I'm just a newb, what do I know.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Blaise wrote:
Menkaure wrote:Yea, I support era accuracy too. I just feel that events have nothing to do with the era, they have to do with being a player run shard, and in a player supported community. Its not a patch, or a mechanic, its something to give back to the people who play. I just wish theyd come back :(
I agree to some extent. They are a great system to USE the mechanics of the era in, but their inclusion also means fewer player events and more players just waiting for auto-events and doing jack shit in the field, I guess.

I always thought activity was on fire leading up to and after events, but I'm just a newb, what do I know.
Yea, before I quit 2 years ago, I remember the hour or two before and after events was the most fun time to play due to the crazy population logged in during that time.
But, like you said, what do we know....
I still miss them :(
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Roadkill, are you quitting? or just trying to breath some life with your own player-run event?

Either way.... Cheers bro! Much appreciation for your efforts!

Menk - You said is PERFECTLY. One of the reasons I signed up and devoted time here was because of the fun stuff that I thought was going on (seemingly similar to the random "events" on OSI servers CUB, Tickets, invasions etc.) I still enjoy participating in the player run stuff (Shout to Ashborn/LS pvp tourney); however, as Blaise put it, the reliability is what is missing - along with consistency.

I mean, how many people would become UOSA paid subscribers if this all was re-implemented?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

keelonzo wrote:Roadkill, are you quitting? or just trying to breath some life with your own player-run event?

Either way.... Cheers bro! Much appreciation for your efforts!

Menk - You said is PERFECTLY. One of the reasons I signed up and devoted time here was because of the fun stuff that I thought was going on (seemingly similar to the random "events" on OSI servers CUB, Tickets, invasions etc.) I still enjoy participating in the player run stuff (Shout to Ashborn/LS pvp tourney); however, as Blaise put it, the reliability is what is missing - along with consistency.

I mean, how many people would become UOSA paid subscribers if this all was re-implemented?
Yea man, I said it before, I would be the first person to hold a charity event to bring events back.
Maybe do a week long "telethon" type deal. If we raise $500, then we get events back, and if we dont, then fine, so be it, we give up on beating the dead horse.
But, I bet we could get crazy donations to flow in if Derrick would make this deal.

DERRICK IF YOUR READING THIS, WHAT DO YOU THINK, OLE BUDDY OLE PAL? DONATION EVENT FOR EVENTS!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Downs

Post by Downs »

ANNOUNCING THE Image ON JUSTICE ISLAND!

It is our goal to fill every square inch of justice island with animals to provide them a safe home. The shard's support in this endeavor is greatly encouraged. We will begin transporting animals of all species to Justice island in approximately 12-13 days.

If you have an unwanted pet that you don't want to put down, be it a mighty dragon or a mere sewer rat, bring it to our animal sanctuary and release it into the wild!

Once Roadkill's toxic environment ruining home is gone and we all clean up the mess he selfishly intends to leave behind, the animals will have a place to live, free from the dangers of outside intruders. With your help, we will not fail! (unless Rose decides to try and be a badass and 1v1 all the animals)...
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

First time I ever went to Justice Island (via a rune on a boat near WBB), I was treated to the first time that it became the CA WildLife Preserve, when Matron or someone gated/herded a couple of silver serpents onto the island. I've never seen so much death in such a short period of time.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

You can't gate silver serpents anymore.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Johnnylittle

Post by Johnnylittle »

you can still boat them

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Downs wrote:ANNOUNCING THE Image ON JUSTICE ISLAND!

It is our goal to fill every square inch of justice island with animals to provide them a safe home. The shard's support in this endeavor is greatly encouraged. We will begin transporting animals of all species to Justice island in approximately 12-13 days.
Geez what bad timing I have 40+ energy vortex's that need a good home around the same time. I was just going to send them to Justice Island to feed off the nice clean air. Not to mention I have Santa and his little helpers making 1000's of ballot box deeds which Roadkill kindly said I could store in his Justice Island house until Xmas comes along.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I was wondering when cA was going to act. So much potential here and two weeks for plan and preparation. Hope all hands on deck for this opportunity...I wanna see some spectacular inconvenience for these scavenging macroing tulips looking for handouts.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Happy Gilmore wrote:
Downs wrote:ANNOUNCING THE Image ON JUSTICE ISLAND!

Geez what bad timing I have 40+ energy vortex's that need a good home around the same time. I was just going to send them to Justice Island to feed off the nice clean air. Not to mention I have Santa and his little helpers making 1000's of ballot box deeds which Roadkill kindly said I could store in his Justice Island house until Xmas comes along.

Here we go. That's more like it!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation