Guild fighting

Topics related to Second Age
okgoace

Re: Guild fighting

Post by okgoace »

Ragancy wrote:It might help if everyone knew when other guilds were on. Otherwise, I think setting up a rough "event" (in the sense that it would occur same time every week) might work.

Outside of Wrong at 10pm on Sunday night or something. At least if we could all plan on a time, there would be a better chance a lot of us could make it.
Or even just a rough idea of when to log; maybe after 10pm on weekdays? I've been taking my time to pk but its boring and i crave group fighting

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Waiting on the two guys I run with to finish their blues. We'll war whoever.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Elric The Great

Post by Elric The Great »

Ok, I was going to wait till we were ready to start setting things up, but I was going to organize Fight Nights on this server, like I did on other past servers. The success we had with Fights Nights and turn out were beyond measure.

You can see a few screenshots on what I've organized here: http://gallery.godswrathclan.net/v/Ulti ... Y/3-25-04/

Granted, I hate setting up fight nights. I'd rather just log on at peak times each night, group up with the guild, and go out and find fight after fight, but UO population has dwindled to the point that setting up fights is a must. That's why using the voting option for this server and spreading the word among old UO players is key in increasing the player base.

Let's be honest. There's no good MMO out right now that has everyone's interest. Before coming to the conclusion that we would take another run at the most populated UO server out right now (Second Age) our guild was split up in various other games. There are a LOT of guilds in that same predicament. All we have to do, as players on this server, is extend an invitation to guilds. If you're capable, offer to set them up with reagents, gold, or macroing supplies and a house to macro in. Entice them to come play.

Anyways, I'll be trying to set up some things when we're able to participate in as a guild.

See you guys soon.

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

Ill Gates wrote:Waiting on the two guys I run with to finish their blues. We'll war whoever.
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/2809

War us!

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Elric The Great wrote:Ok, I was going to wait till we were ready to start setting things up, but I was going to organize Fight Nights on this server, like I did on other past servers. The success we had with Fights Nights and turn out were beyond measure.

You can see a few screenshots on what I've organized here: http://gallery.godswrathclan.net/v/Ulti ... Y/3-25-04/

Granted, I hate setting up fight nights. I'd rather just log on at peak times each night, group up with the guild, and go out and find fight after fight, but UO population has dwindled to the point that setting up fights is a must. That's why using the voting option for this server and spreading the word among old UO players is key in increasing the player base.

Let's be honest. There's no good MMO out right now that has everyone's interest. Before coming to the conclusion that we would take another run at the most populated UO server out right now (Second Age) our guild was split up in various other games. There are a LOT of guilds in that same predicament. All we have to do, as players on this server, is extend an invitation to guilds. If you're capable, offer to set them up with reagents, gold, or macroing supplies and a house to macro in. Entice them to come play.

Anyways, I'll be trying to set up some things when we're able to participate in as a guild.

See you guys soon.

The NEW guild already helps new players. Some pks even spare them the grief when they see the NEW tag. Not sure if there is anything out there for whole guilds wanting to come back as I'm sure they wouldn't want to be under a different tag.
Great Lakes 1998-2001

Schmitty

Post by Schmitty »

inego wrote:
Elric The Great wrote:Ok, I was going to wait till we were ready to start setting things up, but I was going to organize Fight Nights on this server, like I did on other past servers. The success we had with Fights Nights and turn out were beyond measure.

See you guys soon.

The NEW guild already helps new players. Some pks even spare them the grief when they see the NEW tag. Not sure if there is anything out there for whole guilds wanting to come back as I'm sure they wouldn't want to be under a different tag.
or those guilds could just come back and use their old tag.. you wouldnt play if you couldnt use your old guild tag? that is lame....

Weigraf

Post by Weigraf »

I am new here and currently in the NEW guild. However, the guild has a large population of players for a server like this and seems to recruit members on the regular. Close to everyday. I think that being one of the last 'good' servers out there has begun to grab some attention. What we lack in terms of 'group pvp' is echoed by our shard population. We need people to play here and we need to inspire a younger generation to play. I myself have taught my youngest brother to play and set him up to succeed. This game does not have too steep of a learning curve to enjoy the game. Steeper maybe if you want to win tourneys, but easy enough to pick up the concept quickly.

That being said, we need to advertise this game ourselves, not just vote everyday. Buy the bumper sticker from the donation store. This serves a dual purpose: it serves as a marketing tool to get more players and it supports those who run the server, website, and forum. Also, it helps you come to terms with your nerdy addiction and shows the world you don't give a shit (sorry for swearing). Go to sites like youtube and reddit and post the URL for Second Age. Say something great about the server and how its "UO the way it was supposed to be".

Teach your friends and relatives to play! Go through the torturous 5 hours of setting them up properly and teaching them and 9 times out of ten they will be hooked, like we all are. Even go as far as going to your local nerd hangout where kids play magic and D&D and see what those kids are up to. Find a way to advertise for the shard there. Maybe then we could see a jump in the shard population and the increase of field pvp away from Brit Graveyard.

Further Google+ is a new up and coming social media site and needs a UO Second age community for us all to join and express all the fun that we have.

I am almost 7x on my first med/warrior that I would like to field PvP with soon. Any groups or single players out there looking for a member or looking to start something let me know. I have been macroing like crazy to get ready for some fun pvp. Dont disappoint me with this server is dying attitude. Someday a MMORPG with balls like Ultima will be reborn, but for now we have to share what little we have left and make it grand.

farnk

Post by farnk »

i am going to try to convince some old mYm members to come back and play (mike, marmalade, woozy, chad, weezy, mark etc.) apparently my homeslice yitamin is playing (hi nanwang) so i hope to find some guild fighting soon.

i'm also thinking about starting an event, O/C/guild wars every Sunday in Bucs Den or something. this shard needs some organization to get some guild fighting going. once it happens a few times people will be interested and have some motivation to actually do group fighting. i'll be looking into this later this week. any ideas or suggestions are welcome

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I know we'd participate in set up guild wars.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Populus

Post by Populus »

farnk wrote:i am going to try to convince some old mYm members to come back and play (mike, marmalade, woozy, chad, weezy, mark etc.) apparently my homeslice yitamin is playing (hi nanwang) so i hope to find some guild fighting soon.

i'm also thinking about starting an event, O/C/guild wars every Sunday in Bucs Den or something. this shard needs some organization to get some guild fighting going. once it happens a few times people will be interested and have some motivation to actually do group fighting. i'll be looking into this later this week. any ideas or suggestions are welcome
Let me know when this is near finished and I'll call up tDC. btw, Kin is with tDC so we call dibs because we had him first. Much love
ImageImageImage
[cA]

farnk

Post by farnk »

Populus wrote:
farnk wrote:i am going to try to convince some old mYm members to come back and play (mike, marmalade, woozy, chad, weezy, mark etc.) apparently my homeslice yitamin is playing (hi nanwang) so i hope to find some guild fighting soon.

Let me know when this is near finished and I'll call up tDC. btw, Kin is with tDC so we call dibs because we had him first. Much love
wait, kinarah...tDc...? you guys are playing here?

Populus

Post by Populus »

farnk wrote:
Populus wrote:

wait, kinarah...tDc...? you guys are playing here?
Not really. We came 5 years ago but I'm pretty much the only one who stayed.
ImageImageImage
[cA]