Animals at the stables

Topics related to Second Age
Service Unknown

Animals at the stables

Post by Service Unknown »

So I've been hanging around the stables lately trying to raise my provocation and music up. You know, trying to get a pig to mate with a cow, but it seems like everyone takes all the animals. And when I do get 2 animals someone wants/needs it or one of them gets killed or I get killed (don't know how still) and I have to go find another.

Am I missing something as to why people need all these animals?

Also, can an animal die from over provocation?

I feel so confused... :?:

UsualSuspect

Re: Animals at the stables

Post by UsualSuspect »

most likely someone is taming the animals to use as place holders for they're stable slots. best bet is to have the critter provoked onto youself, that way you only need one critter. you could also potentially set a hotkey for "target closest grey" with razor and put that into the macro, that will ensure you don't target a blue animal.

Mykos

Post by Mykos »

I have seen people who have used methods of getting the provoked animals attention and moving it around stable walls so that they attack one another as your music intends. If you have your macro set to provo on you, then it attacks you. I assume if your targets get tamed and you provo them in a guard zone area, then you get whacked.

While this is not the safest spot and I would go only with a ghost robe and a newbie instrument, the Moonglow zoo is a popular spot for aspiring bards to macro provo since the animals are behind bars, set the target as yourself. If you afk macro overnight, expect to come back as a ghost. Other players come and wreak havoc with you there. I only died once or twice in several nights of macroing there, but got my provo into the mid 90's so I could go out and hunt from there.
Mykos
House Master
House of Oor'Tael

Service Unknown

Post by Service Unknown »

Mykos wrote:I have seen people who have used methods of getting the provoked animals attention and moving it around stable walls so that they attack one another as your music intends. If you have your macro set to provo on you, then it attacks you. I assume if your targets get tamed and you provo them in a guard zone area, then you get whacked.

While this is not the safest spot and I would go only with a ghost robe and a newbie instrument, the Moonglow zoo is a popular spot for aspiring bards to macro provo since the animals are behind bars, set the target as yourself. If you afk macro overnight, expect to come back as a ghost. Other players come and wreak havoc with you there. I only died once or twice in several nights of macroing there, but got my provo into the mid 90's so I could go out and hunt from there.
Yeah, I think I'm getting whacked but nothing on me expect my noobie stuff. So I'm not losing anything.

Once I have runes to places I'll do that but for now this is free and dying doesn't bother me much. Only when I don't know HOW I'm dying.

So far after 5 days I'm at 73.6 so hopefully soon I'll be out using it.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Are you the guy in Delucia in one of the pens ?
If so I was also killed while macroing Anatomy... on you :mrgreen:

I guess someone got tired of the music sound effects and killed us both.
S/he didnt loot me either so it wasn't done out of greed.
The only thing I lost was my Ostard (given for free by a player :D )

When no one calls the guards, I guess murder is fair game.
Oh well. Have fun !