Yew orc fort: a count-free warzone

Topics related to Second Age
Velgamog

Yew orc fort: a count-free warzone

Post by Velgamog »

Since the shadowclan's arrival on this shard, we have once again taken to calling this fort our home. We have a particular fondness for this area of the game, having originated here back when the second age was still on store shelves. We had a large presence here on both catskills and siege perilous servers, and the original game developers even acknowledged our presence on the catskills server with a locked deed inside the fort claiming it belonged to the shadowclan. In short: we have a long history here, and have now returned.

Our return on the 2nd age server has been quite successful so far. We've already amassed a small army of dedicated orcs, purchased several properties in the fort area, and are defending player raids against our fort with increasing levels of success as our horde of warriors hone their fighting skills. Thanks to the guilds engaging us in these battles. Its been a blast so far.

With that said, the main purpose of this post is to build support amongst the player community in turning the yew orc fort and surrounding area into a free warzone, where players are not penalized with murder counts for engaging in the battles here. A similar situation existed for a previous orc RP guild on this server, and we are hoping the same rights can be extended to us. This would allow all players to participate in these exciting battles for fort dominance without worrying about murder counts, and the shadowclan could defend our home without fear of recrimination for doing so.

If you would like the yew orc fort turned into a count-free warzone, please voice your opinion below. I'm told this can possibly happen if we get enough support amongst the player community.

Pac

Re: Yew orc fort: a count-free warzone

Post by Pac »

"Count-free" zones are NEA and should not even be considered for this shard.

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

I will just weigh in. These types of zones deviate from our stated mission of era accuracy. If the "orcs" want to be RP and era accurate, they should all become criminals (gray) so that other users can attack them without getting counts. Alternatively, they could also become red.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

Otak

Post by Otak »

Era Accuracy= no statloss.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

GMs granting ingame additions for RP guilds is absolutely era accurate. As Velgamog already clearly stated, the shadowclan were granted recognition in this way on OSI. Not to mention the Bloodrock fort, or the ACE arena, or the mYm arena, or the old TB docks, or the $$$ vendor town..

We discussed the possibility of asking for this because while some of us are perfectly content going red and most of the orcs will go grey attacking blue oomies without hesitation, things like having someone park an alt in the fort to hand out cheap counts when we kill them simply to grief us is boring and hampers our effectiveness - that has happened, someone (name no names) made a fake newbie orc and sat in the fort spying on us, handing out empty counts and blocking the door.

There are people who enjoy coming to fight us at the fort, and many of them are already orange from being warred, but what of those who are not in guilds?

We're not asking for a huge sprawling fort to be built with our guildstone inside it, we already inhabited an existing ingame static. What we're asking for is something that will make our interaction with the community more enjoyable and less troublesome for all involved.

It should be made clear that we would like not only for all non-shadowclan to be orange to us, but for us to be orange to them too. Ideally no-one would take murder counts inside the fort, orc or human. So, let's say we arrange a big event and fill the fort with orcs. When I did a similar thing with the savages, I personally was out of action for 2 weeks with all the counts I took. With this in place, that wouldn't happen to the shadowclan after such an event. On the other hand, although it's generally shadowclan standard practice to not give murder counts to most humans unless they are being deliberately obnoxious, many outsiders might not know this and may be hesitant to attack and risk a count. If we were orange to them, they wouldn't have that concern. Thus, at the conclusion of this hypothetical event, no one would be any worse off, barring maybe having to resurrect and restock.

Finally, as for going red - some shadowclan members don't have or want to have human alts. They only want to play orcs, and do everything on orc characters from crafting and hunting to shopping at vendors near Yew bank. Those crafter/merchant alts spend most of their lives not on that kind of business sitting inside the fort, and though some of them do indeed have combat skills, they will for the most part avoid going red.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

i approve of this, would be fun..

random guy

Post by random guy »

Think of the Yew Fort as fighting for an IDOC, and that count free zone would take away any penaties. Im all for it.

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

I'll support this.

Death to orcs!
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

I can't believe people are sad enough to give counts to Orcs.

Love em or Hate em, theres no doubt that since Shadowclan appeared on UOSA they've contributed to the shard.

I hope you can get the same GM treatment that the Bloodrocks have gotten in the past.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Would Be Epic.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

player 1

Post by player 1 »

I would definitely approve.

Darix

Post by Darix »

I'd support it. That's how we did thing back in the day on catskills and it worked well. It promoted open PVP and added a chaotic element to the area.
Catskills RP vet 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient- Undead 1997-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - 1999-2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '97
Boen - Welsh Bowmen 99

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I can kill people without getting counts?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Vega, did you ever have the chance to interact with the Bloodrock orcs at their fort? The system there was that you could kill them and they could kill you without flagging or taking a murder count on either side.

Everyone who entered the fort was orange to URK, and URK were orange to them.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

Otak wrote:Era Accuracy= no statloss.

hold on is this true? if so why am i working my magery resist and med back up???? if stat loss isnt era accurate pls get rid of it then
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!