Return of Shadowclan !

Topics related to Second Age
Velgamog

Return of Shadowclan !

Post by Velgamog »

Ug der !

So im trying to return to the glory days of good ol' fort battles at the yew orc fort, and want to build up a shadowclan presence here again. I have a few questions concerning the drawbacks of being an all red guild. If we continuously kill blues that enter our fort / dont give tribute, would we keep getting stat losses ? And is there a limit to how low stat decreases can go ?

I would like us to have the ability to attack any non-shadowclan member that enters our fort, but dont like the idea of continuous stat losses...

Also, if anyone is interested in joining, create a hairless human character with an orcish name and get to the yew orc fort. ill be hanging around thereabouts

Rulg latz

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Return of Shadowclan !

Post by chumbucket »

Velgamog wrote:Ug der !

So im trying to return to the glory days of good ol' fort battles at the yew orc fort, and want to build up a shadowclan presence here again. I have a few questions concerning the drawbacks of being an all red guild. If we continuously kill blues that enter our fort / dont give tribute, would we keep getting stat losses ? And is there a limit to how low stat decreases can go ?

I would like us to have the ability to attack any non-shadowclan member that enters our fort, but dont like the idea of continuous stat losses...

Also, if anyone is interested in joining, create a hairless human character with an orcish name and get to the yew orc fort. ill be hanging around thereabouts

Rulg latz
If you can get a small but good group going, I'll donate some gold to your effort.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I can donate 100k if you can make it worthwhile event.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

GoldMember

Post by GoldMember »

Oh, I just remembered I'm making a role playing guild too. Gold Please.
liinniejj wrote:Goldmember just simply loves being a jackass and that has gotten him no good so far as you can see ;)

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

Thx for the support... but Im still wondering what the drawbacks of being an all -red guild would be

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Two of the biggest drawbacks.

Statloss
No mercy from reds or blues that aren't pre-setup friends

biggest advantages:

Add shard activity
make new friends (recruits)
receive help from event coordinating guilds and people who just want to make it work.

Obstacle:

All you have to do is macro things back up once you die in stat. (afk macroing is legal here...)
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

i just dislike the idea of members losing stats just for defending a fort, and then being weaker to defend against a next attack....

is there a limit to how low stats can be decreased ? can they go all the way back to zero ?

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

have a visit at the deset of compassion URK ork fort. when ye walk there you get a msg warning yer freely attackable by the URK guild as being a trespasser ontheir land. However they have been inactive for who knows how long and dont seem to be returning. Maybe you can chat with Derrick to see if you can have the same going at the Yew Orc fort or even take the desert of compassion fort.

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

Is Derrick a GM ?

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

He is basically the owner of this shard:P

PM him in IRC Chat and he will get back to you as soon as he can.

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

Had an idea...once we have enough gold to get a house and guildstone, couldn't we go to war against other guilds ? Then we could stay blue and fight against the guilds we're at war with without going red, right ?

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

Yh if you are at war with guild theyre orange and no penalties for killing or looting. however what ya gonna do with the blue trespassers?:P hope they just always give up ale or other shineys?

aNouC

Post by aNouC »

If I was you - Id really take the time to discuss with Derrick about it .

if your guild is really active and proove it - Get a fort like the URK had - its amazing.

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

Just poke and pester them until they leave. Hopefully we'll get more guild war action than blues being pests. So i suppose our first great challenge is to get a guildhouse somewhere nearby the yew orc fort and a guild stone. How much would these things cost ?

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

depends if ye want a tower keep or castle. and maybe some personal housing around it? If you are really serious bout it and prove to be active and valuable part to the server derrick might be willing ot give yer guildarea some town addons if ye have few building togheter at one area.