Few things I've noticed

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
do0m

Re: Few things I've noticed

Post by do0m »

7) Recall and Aggressors http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=1267 Im sure most of you remember the messages "Thou art a crinimal and can not escape so easily" and "Would thou flee during the heat of battle?".

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

do0m wrote:Ive noticed a few things as well.

1) Monsters seem to stay aggro'd on you for a long time (IE, Dragon is chasing you in destard 3 screens from where you recalled in... you recall out back to town, then back to your original spot, guess what? the dragon comes after you again from 3 screens away.)

2) Monsters have a greater casting distance than players. (which was not in T2A... If you could not hit a MoB with a spell it could not hit you)

3) Orcs never spawned in moonglow

4) Dragons did not have magery in T2A, I know this was brought up in another thread but I figured I'd add it to the list.

5) There was not 5 orge lords on the island in despise, only 3 (On Catskills, Baja, and Sonoma anyway)

6) There's no strong boxes for co-owners? (http://update.uo.com/design_20.html)

7) Recall and Aggressors http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=1267 Im sure most of you remember the messages "Thou art a crinimal and can not escape so easily" and "Would thou flee during the heat of battle?".
Thanks.

On the aggressor time and spell distance, I'll take a look at this, Mobs should not have a greater spell range than players. I'll also take a look at the moonglow spawns and make them accurate. Stratics only lists Brown Bears and Mongbats on verity isle, which I think is somewhat short of what was there. We'll see if we can find a good reference for the spawns on Verity.

Dragons did have magery in T2A, it was relatively low, but they had enough to dispspell blades and flamestrike. Drakes and Wyverns did not have magery.

I've adjusted the spawns in despise.

There are no strong boxes for co-owners. The addition of strongboxes was the beginning of wide changes to housing, partially inspired by the lack of space for housing on the OSI shards. We don't have that problem on Second Age, and which the allowance of mutiple accounts, strongboxes would account for a substancial increase in secure storage in housing.

Aggressors/criminals can recall and gate on Second Age, but may not use public moongates. I was around for this change in Nov '99. There were a lot of changes in the 6 months prior to the release of UO:R which are not on Second Age. The T2A era spanned a wide time period and many changes happened during that time. It's going to be impossible to pin down a specific point in the evolution of the game and say that we are emulating that exact moment. All of the changes had pros and cons and we have taken many of the changes that have overwhelming usefulness, such as rune books, trash barrels, smelting, etc. Anything that was within era is up for discussion though.

Thanks much for this post.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Dragons did have magery in T2A, it was relatively low, but they had enough to dispspell blades and flamestrike. Drakes and Wyverns did not have magery.
Dragons had auto-dispel, and around 40 magery, enough to cast Curse and Lightning.

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... ters&id=90

Edit: Although it's not listed, during the entire pre-AoS time the amount of gold on dragons was about 1400-2100. I know thats a bit rich but I specifically remember them being the bread winners of farming.

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

they didnt have auto-dispel until much later because i remember killing dragons with 2 energy vortex.
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Dupre[THG] wrote:they didnt have auto-dispel until much later because i remember killing dragons with 2 energy vortex.
I remember killing dragons with 5 blade spirits :D.

ultimaforever

Post by ultimaforever »

I was just reading around the forum, and when I read the post prior to this one it reminded me of something I noticed a few days ago. Blade spirits don't seem to do near the damage they did in the t2a era. I was only 12-14, so there isn't to many details I remember from this era(still, I am really impressed at this shards creators recall of even minute details, thx for the fuzzy memories). But, I do remember clearly killing the crap out of ogre lords with b.s. back then.

Also somebody posted saying ogre lords aren't dropping enough loot, that it should be around 1000. I am currently getting an average of 550-590gp, or very close to that range(I don't know for sure because my money maker still sucks and I'm always running for my life). I do remember that in this era the amount of gold dropped by an OL was higher. I don't know about 1000gp, it sounds a little high.. I can't give any kind of exact number though from memory. But in the 800gp range sounds like it might be right.

One last thing to mention. Yesterday or the day before when I would kill an ogre lord another would respawn almost right away. Today though I waited for almost 10 minutes after all 3 were dead and not 1 respawned OL. I remember in t2a panicking because of how long blade spirits take to cast and the fact the ogre lords were popping up almost immediatly after dying.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll see if I can find some info on the Blades Spirit damage. I also remember them being pretty lethal.

Some of the spawns are intentionally a little slower than OSI because of our lower population.

I'll also take another look at loot soon. Loot is something we've been trying to get right across the board from the beginning.

Thanks.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Derrick wrote: Some of the spawns are intentionally a little slower than OSI because of our lower population.
I don't understand why having a low population determines the spawn rate on mobs. Respawn times were always very quick on OSI. If we're going for accuracy, they should be quick here also.

Also, I still don't think that provocation is currently accurate. I played a bard throughout T2A and never remember anything closely resembling the current system in place where if the mob is targeting you, the chance to provoke is changed based on their intelligence making it virtually impossible to provoke stronger creatures that are targeting you. That never existed according to my memory. I'd like to see something that documents this to be true without a doubt just to set my mind at ease.

Also, there were never Ogre Lords in Despise in T2A. They were exclusively in Wrong and treasure chest spawns.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i pvped with a dexxer for most of this time cause i didnt want to work resist mostly :D
but that thing about magery doing no damage in town was a pretty big part of t2a for a long part. and the guards in wind didnt work for long time, so players would gather all the mages in wind and get hit by 30 npc mages to train resist cause they did no damage in the town haha
but on point, anyway to have a town where magery does no damage in that memory'?
or is that dumb? just remember massive dexxer battles and a few mages runnin around with summond deamons lol
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

alatar

Post by alatar »

BlackFoot wrote:to have a town where magery does no damage
Every town is currently like this, the only exception is Order/Chaos & Guild Wars.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Pacific

Post by Pacific »

Storm wrote:I don't understand why having a low population determines the spawn rate on mobs. Respawn times were always very quick on OSI. If we're going for accuracy, they should be quick here also.
From a design standpoint, a server with a low player population (like the one on UOsecondage) wouldn't demand as many NPCs to kill as a server with a high player population (like the OSI servers we are trying to emulate).

20 players each simultaniously trying to slay Dragons in Destard would most likely produce the demand for faster spawn rates (among other things). 1 player trying to slay Dragons in Destard probably wouldn't need such a high spawn rate.

I agree that if we are going for accuracy then we should raise the spawn rates, but that's the only reason I would agree. It only makes sense (at least to me) that the number of NPCs available for slaying would depend on the number of players on hand to do the slaying.

When I can't go to Destard without running into a half dozen people every hour then I will gladly welcome a spawn rate modification, but as it stands the server is still pretty empty. ;)