Fixed: Magic Items De-Magicifying

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Fixed: Magic Items De-Magicifying

Post by Flash Hardstar »

When going into the 2v2 tourney wearing an invisibility bracelet, and a teleport ring, both with over 5 charges, I cam eout of the event with them now being titles "ring" and "bracelet" no longer magic. I just noticed it the next day, but these itemsWERE magic, and they are just plain jewerly now. The only thing I can think of was the 2v2 tourney that caused this. I also did a CTF (TOWN) but i believe they were still magic after this. Anyone elsE?
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Moishe

Re: Magic Items De-Magicifying

Post by Moishe »

I can confirm this.

I had a nightsight item with 5 charges. I put it on, and 5 minutes later it was no longer "magic".

I didn't think much of it then.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

When magic items and clothing run out of charges, I think their name changes back to a normal version (I think this is the case with clothing/equipable items, not wands/staves/weapons with charges)

I could be wrong though, this is how it was at one point in UO, pretty sure it's the same here
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

When an item runs out of charges, it says "0 charges". When the server resets it becomes a plain item.. Problem is, i've had teleport rings equipped, 2 different ones yesterday and without using any of the 7+ charges, the ring turns into "ring". Not quite sure what warrants this,or when it happeneds, but it happened twice yesterday.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Looking into this heavily. If you have these items, for the time beinging, don't leave them equiped, especially though a shard restart.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Derrick wrote:Looking into this heavily. If you have these items, for the time beinging, don't leave them equiped, especially though a shard restart.
Teleport Ring charges decay as if the bonus is passive while equipped. Should only decay upon using the charge. I reported this bug a long time ago..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think the auto charge re-use is a little screwed up currently. I remember night sight charges only being re-used when the lights would go out. This was the same for stat modifying magic items too. The only exception to this rule was if you equipped and if I remember correctly double clicking the item. I can't be entirely certain on the double clicking outside of the rings and jewelry though. It would be used automatically in these cases. Teleport items don't use a timer like night sight or stat modifying magic items, so it should only be used when an actual target is used. A target would pop up for teleport items in the same instances that I described above outside of the auto use feature.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The auto charge reuse it pretty screwed up, I'm working on this right now.

I did still have Alatars bug report on big big list of stuff, and sorry I didn't get to it before this.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

From what I remember on magic items, the only item you double-clicked to use was the ring of teleporting. All other items were "equip to use" - as soon as you'd equip it, it would cast a spell on you (depending the item's property), each time that spell's duration would end, it would recast it, consuming another charge.

Magic clothing and jewelry items when they hit 0 charges become non-magic in their name, I tried it about an hour after my post earlier in this thread. I equipped a bonnet of cunning, as soon as it was out of charges, it was a "bonnet".

Figured I'd toss this in, even though it seems like you guys are on the problem already
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, this should have been fixed in last patch.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”