Excessive quest rewards? 2-5 mil for one event? Derrick plz?

Topics related to Second Age
Bull

Excessive quest rewards? 2-5 mil for one event? Derrick plz?

Post by Bull »

I have noticed recently a HUGE influx of unique rares being given out at events. Some recently I saw were vines & deco weapons, golden gloves, blue leather gloves, scale. I am sure there are tons more if anyone knows of them please list them.

I notice when these items go to auction the winners (in most cases getting 2 items at once) are selling these for a minimum of 1 million each. In some cases these items are selling for much more.

I guess my question is..... Why is it not viewed as excessive giving 1 player 2-10 million gold for completing an event when some players haven't been able to accumulate that much money in a lifetime of playing. In addition these events seem to be very frequent so the velocity is high.

I do t understand why we have cancelled ctf and pvp events which people love due to the silver influx.... But we can have events like these where a new player cashes in on millions of gold for a few hours of playtime.

This is obviously not fair and I am not sure why no one is seeing this. It would be nice to get an answer from Derrick on this subject because I know it's a topic of discussion behind the scenes for a lot of players.

I don't want to point fingers on this one because we all know the turning point of when these items started being given out. We also know who is in charge of giving them out. In addition I have heard rumors of the fairness of the items given to a person based upon other participants.

If you need more Info just search the item selling threads I listed up top to read the discussions

At the very least it would be nice to hear and explaination from derrick as to whythis is happening as I typically respect his decisions. Being a player since the existence of uosa I wonder if Derrick even really knows this is happening....I feel like its leaderships job to put a stop to this before it gets out of control.

Derrick

Re: Excessive quest rewards? 2-5 mil for one event? Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. Locked. Please continue in linked thread if necessary.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."