PK - Someone please explain

Topics related to Second Age
Pringles

Re: PK - Someone please explain

Post by Pringles »

I had to get used to the kindness of most pk's on this server. I wasn't used to pk's who don't dryloot, not smack talk, not kill horse, ress kill and cut up whatever they can. So I was pleasantly supriced.
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

SJane3384 wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:
Ahntara wrote:
Downs wrote:What I take depends on my need. Gold and refs are always taken, but the rest completely depends on if it looks interesting. I will say that if I run into someone I killed and they're not an idiot, they tend to get at least some of their stuff back.

If the situation lends it, I either rez and leave recall stuff or gate em to towns.

Also my pks a tinker, and tinker based kills are ALWAYS hilarious
i miss trammel?

This thread bored me after the first page, but this made me laugh really hard. From what I read on said page, that pretty much sums it up.

Make friends, hunt in groups, stop dying. The end.
sjane misses trammel to??
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

mic275620

Post by mic275620 »

I think this forum says it all. Most people are casual players who just want to do some dungeon crawling every now and again and not have to be interrupted by groups of pks with superior numbers and/or a macro system set up to help snipe pvm characters. This is why UO numbers will always be small.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/02/2 ... -like-mmos
- Mygar

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I agree that purposely targeting new players is both cowardly and pathetic, especially in groups. However, the whole point of this server is to provide an experience which is unmatched in the world of free UO shards and dare I say, the world of gaming at large. Those who want to quit after being killed, even in the ways being discussed here, probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway. When I started out here I was a total newb because I never played during the pay servers beyond fiddling a bit on a friend's account. I died, a lot. In the beginning it was almost daily lol. Every time I got killed by a red (or two) it only made me want to be better at the game. Now that I have played for a while I rarely die even when multiple reds show up. Just have a good recall macro set up and you should be fine even with undeveloped characters. The beauty of this server is in the madness and randomness that can happen when you least expect it!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Bobcat Brown

Post by Bobcat Brown »

Ahntara wrote:
SJane3384 wrote:I'm thinking a lot of the PKs are newer players themselves. When I started here two years ago, noob PK (unless they were hanging out in the hot spots) was extremely rare. Most people were very helpful.

Just out of curiosity, where did it happen?

It was at Yew liches. These guys were well armed & well skilled, so it was a total gank, with no challenge or battle.

If they didn't loot clean they should have. I didn't go thru their gate (I may be young but I'm not stupid) and I didn't go back to check my body. Assumed that anyone who'd gank a newer player would'nt be honorable about it anyway. When I PVP'd, it was for the challenge - the thrill of the fight - not just to victimize someone else and discourage them. I was looking to engage. I mean, I don't go ganking mongbats...so why kill an avatar who's no threat and no challenge? If it's for loot, then why not make a thief and steal outright without stressing someone and possibly causing them to leave the server?

As far as bounty and counts; since I'm new here, I don't really understand the nuances and politics that you and the other response(s) intimated. Back on GL giving a count for PK was the only retribution you could take (especially prior to working up a PVP'er of your own for revenge), and was expected. Is that not how it is on this shard?

Personally, I enjoy meeting others, interacting and helping ppl out. And I'm trying hard not to judge someone else's playstyle out of ignorance. I just don't get this and since I've heard it from lots of newer chars in the last two weeks (since I've been in a position to help someone other than just myself), I appreciate all the understanding anyone can offer.

New player here myself...just got ganked at yew liches by well armed people...probably same group.

FYI I showed myself, they rezed me and killed the lich trying to kill my horse and let me get him back. They took my gold and threw everything else on the ground. I thanked them and then was off on my own way.

mic275620

Post by mic275620 »

So, my original plan (being new) was to explore dungeons and meet people along the way. I did meet some cool bards by the way. I've yet to be killed by pks, but the last 5 times I've attempted to do some exploring I've been jumped by 4-5 guys and had to recall away w/in the first 3-4 minutes of being in a dungeon. I'm off to find a new shard where I can play casually and relax a bit. I don't have to time to invest in learning to defend against pks w/ several years experience unfortunately. May try again later if I have more time on my hands.
- Mygar