Keyring Mishap

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Sin Visto

Keyring Mishap

Post by Sin Visto »

Was about to unlock some crates with a keyring when it gave me the message 'you do not have a key for that,' but the keyring had more than 7 keys I had used many times previously (while on the ring) and the image of a full keyring was also there. I tried all of the locks to any of the keys on the ring, without success, and then decided to undue the ring of keys, which then gave me no keys and only a ring. Thankfully, I made a copy set. Anything I should know or can do to prevent that from happening again?

Sin Visto

Re: Keyring Mishap

Post by Sin Visto »

Er, and the backup doesn't work either, but havn't unlocked the keys from the ring. :(

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Attempting to recreate the issue. Stay tuned.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Lady Aura

Post by Lady Aura »

It's a small bug that is a little complex, I'll let Derrick bring out the details. Stay tune. :wink:
UOSA Email Support : ladyaura@uosecondage.com

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

I have a keyring with 10+ keys on it and i'm able to bind and unbind the keys from the ring just fine... Was there anything that happened recently since the last time the keys were usable that could have bugged the ring? For instance, did it previously only have crate keys on it and you recently added a house key or house key for a second house? I can't seem to find any issues with a keyring but I'll keep trying to bug mine.

In testing, I did notice however that the keyring is not usable while locked down. That seems odd.

If you don't remember anything out of the ordinary since the last time the keys were usable, it may be worth paging a GM in game to see if they can help you look into the situation. It would be helpful to know what the options of the keyring look like and how many keys are bound to it in [props. I don't have that ability, unfortunately. :(

Edit: Doh! LOL :)
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Sin Visto

Post by Sin Visto »

After speaking with some staff it might have been an issue for others as well, but still unknown as to the reason.
Problem was solved for me, thanks alot everyone. I appreciate all the help.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There was indeed a mishap. If you have a keyring effected by this, send a page in game.

Sorry.

Slade

Post by Slade »

All the keys were deleted off my keyring as well.

It still had the "full" graphic, but wouldn't unlock anything. When I made a new key and dropped it on to the ring, it went down to the graphic for a ring with only a single key. The other 12+ keys on the ring apparently just vanished.