tinker / fishing

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
prosonic
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

tinker / fishing

Post by prosonic »

as you requested derrick, fishing line of sight as we descussed, tinker tools graphic, and the url: http://update.uo.com/design_22.html

prosonic
[22:41:17] <Braden> Prosonic: If you get drunk and cause trouble here, I am banning ian for life.

Derrick

Re: tinker / fishing

Post by Derrick »

This is an interesting patch because it does include some things we do have, such as line of sight for fishing/mining, "all" commands for pets, Healing and Res, and Cure times, the ability to cut leather, dockable boats, and much more; but also contains some items that we do not have implemented such as blessed house deeds, and house bans by account.

Feedback and thoughts on these differences would be highly valued, but I expect opinions on this patch to be extremely devisive, so Please just state your own opinions, don't judge other peoples.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't think a comment from me is necessary. We all know where I stand on era accurate features that exist with features that should also coexist if an inconsistancy is produced. Not to mention that anything before the first patch in '00 is okay with me if you don't count the revamped house system. :wink:

Edit:
I will make one comment on the tinkering menu though. I don't believe this should be implemented solely based on the design of the menu. There is no picture of this menu to produce an exact replica that is known to exist. The first menu was similar to the transparent style menu but it wasn't the modern menu that you see now days. It worked similar to the modern menu but it definitely did not look like it. It wasn't transparent and it functioned a little differently. If a screenshot of the old menu before the transparent menu is discovered and confirmed I wouldn't care too much about this issue. I don't mind if both tinker tools coexist together.

Red

Post by Red »

I don't like blessed house deeds or bans by account.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Banning by account: EXTREMELY bothersome. It is not condusive to role playing, or to having seperate characters. How can I role play my orc when my thief is banned from a house of legitimate interest? It is absurd. Get rid of banning by accounts.

House deeds: KEEP THEM LOOTABLE. Historically speaking, if you lost your property deed in Ye Olde Britannian (UO and IRL) times then you would be screwed. Keep it that way.

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

Mens Rea wrote:Banning by account: EXTREMELY bothersome. It is not condusive to role playing, or to having seperate characters. How can I role play my orc when my thief is banned from a house of legitimate interest? It is absurd. Get rid of banning by accounts.

House deeds: KEEP THEM LOOTABLE. Historically speaking, if you lost your property deed in Ye Olde Britannian (UO and IRL) times then you would be screwed. Keep it that way.
I agree

Slade

Post by Slade »

crabjuice wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:Banning by account: EXTREMELY bothersome. It is not condusive to role playing, or to having seperate characters. How can I role play my orc when my thief is banned from a house of legitimate interest? It is absurd. Get rid of banning by accounts.

I agree
lol