Player Killing - Able to target and attack players in houses

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
kataran

Player Killing - Able to target and attack players in houses

Post by kataran »

[Resolved]
REPORTED ISSUE: Player Killing - Able to target and attack players in houses

ISSUE DETAILS: While a character is standing inside a locked, small house (unsure what other 'models' may be affected), it is possible for someone outside the house to target and attack a character with magery.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Windows XP, 4 GB RAM, UOSA 5.0.8.3 Patch 204

STEPS TO RECREATE: Stand in your small house against the back wall, and macro magery. Wait until a PK who's daddy didn't hug them enough (or maybe I'm just bitter :wink: ) comes by and shoots fireballs at you until you die.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Not feeling like you're living in the ghetto district of UO, having to huddle in the center of your house afraid of drive-by fireballings.

DATE REPORTED: 16 Dec 08

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 16 Dec 08 11:51pm

Other Notes: Sorry I can't provide better details on recreation. I actually had left the game up while macroing magery in my house, and just happened to walk in from work and check out the status. My macro was looping as I had run out of regs, but I saw a red outside my house and he was highlighted. I didn't notice what was going on, until I saw a fireball hit me and I died. Honestly, I was trying to figure out what was happening and didn't even think to get the player's name or take a screenshot as I only saw the last fireball that hit me kill me. I figured maybe this was a known exploit, but when I mentioned it to a couple of people, they suggested submitting a bug report, as there may have been or is an issue with people able to steal items within a house that were located along the walls (not sure, as I can't confirm this - only noting what I was told). This happened a day or two ago, so if you want to see who I submitted a murder count on, you can probably contact them for details on how they did it :lol:
Last edited by kataran on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

alatar

Re: Player Killing - Able to target and attack players in houses

Post by alatar »

It's called meteor swarm. Welcome to Felucca.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It wasn't a fireball, but meteor storm, it has a three tile area of effect, so if he targets the back will it will be able to reach you as you are only one tile away.

If you stand in the center of the house you will be safe from meteor storm. This is less of a problem with larger houses.

kataran

Post by kataran »

lol thanks for the clarification!