Era Tinkering

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Chrysanne Th'Mum

Era Tinkering

Post by Chrysanne Th'Mum »

I recall some tinkering items I used to make when I played UO originally that are not available here. I only played until early '99 so I believe the few I can remember are era accurate. Does anyone else remember being able to craft these items?

Plate
Fork
Spoon
Diamond Wedding Band

I can only really remember these few but I'm pretty sure there were more "decorative" items craftable by tinkers at that time.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Era Tinkering

Post by Silverfoot »

You're right. Here's the reference: http://web.archive.org/web/199910222311 ... m/tink.htm

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. These items will be added tommorrow.

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

Wasn't there wedding bands that you could add gems to.. like there was a thousand diamond wedding band etc..

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

I don't recall the wedding band being tinkerable, I thought those were given to players at wedding events (I am not sure though). But a tinker could make xxx gem rings. The gems had to be in the bag, and were consumed when made. Early on, it would only consume 1 gem, later it was changed to complete consumption of the stack of gems. I don't recall the time it changed though.

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

Maleficia wrote:I don't recall the wedding band being tinkerable, I thought those were given to players at wedding events (I am not sure though). But a tinker could make xxx gem rings. The gems had to be in the bag, and were consumed when made. Early on, it would only consume 1 gem, later it was changed to complete consumption of the stack of gems. I don't recall the time it changed though.
Does this work currently? I haven't tested because I just started tinkering.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

No not in.
I belive wedding bands may have been made craftable right at the end of the era. I also belive they were blessed.

I'm very much leaning towards not putting these in.

Chrysanne Th'Mum

Post by Chrysanne Th'Mum »

Hey Derrick, can we get right and left facing utensils? Please? :D

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

I thought there was stuff missing too... Just never got into looking into the wayback machine to see what. Having these extra items when they are available would be awesome for house decorating. I've been scouring the world some days looking for plates, forks, etc as rares and come up empty handed.

Nice catch. :)

I remember there being a green mug rare that you could find. It was the only mug rare I knew of back then. Anyone know if those exist here?
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

The newbified wedding band was an important part of my get-go.

The "69 ruby weddingband" was my thing, you know? ^^

I miss my weddingband.

kishih

Post by kishih »

All the utensill is missing (except some knives), also several tinker items are using the wrong number of ingots. Currently hammers and tongs use only 1 ingot. There may be a few more items using the wrong number.
Also I have a printed copy of a tinker list from the year 2000 where a potion keg is listed as needing 50 - 52 skill.
Characters: Kishih, Slimmerd, Billy, Marius
Once GM of 'Followers of the Silver Hand {FSH}' Europa shard

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Resource requirements for tinker items will be fixed tommorrow, there were quite a few that were off by an ingot or two.

Thanks!

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”