Few possible era inaccuracies

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
alatar

Re: Few possible era inaccuracies

Post by alatar »

lich lords use mass curse.. i've seen them fight eachother over it
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

There is no available information to support lich lords, or any other creature except White Wyrms, as casting any area of affect spells.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Lajon

Post by Lajon »

Mass Curse was the only area-effect spell I saw mobs cast during OSI T2A. It was casted by any mob that could cast 7th circle (Flamestrike, Mana Vampire). From memory; balrons, lich lords, white wyrms, daemons, blood/poison elementals, terathan matriarchs/avengers, and titans all casted 7th circle spells.

Anyone else trap several mobs behind a wall and attack them so they started casting and hoped for a Mass Curse that would hit the other mobs? Then they would drain mana faster and you could EV sooner.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Lajon wrote:Mass Curse was the only area-effect spell I saw mobs cast during OSI T2A. It was casted by any mob that could cast 7th circle (Flamestrike, Mana Vampire). From memory; balrons, lich lords, white wyrms, daemons, blood/poison elementals, terathan matriarchs/avengers, and titans all casted 7th circle spells.
This is currently the case on second age. Based on the mobs magery level, not a specific mob.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Kaivan wrote:There is no available information to support lich lords, or any other creature except White Wyrms, as casting any area of affect spells.

the only reason people "report" white wyrms as mass cursing is because they use them as pets, and in-turn end up having a pet war when the wyrm curses the other pets..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Lunyyft

Post by Lunyyft »

my notices of things that should be in and/or changed: (If some of these are in or in progress then ignore this post)

1. explode pots when stacked should detonate all at once and if in a container that isn't locked down, it should break.
2. monsters and npcs should be gateable.
3. You should be able to raise your z axis when standing on certain things such as small tables and red boxes.
4. liches shouldn't drop spells over the 5th circle. (I like this one actually)
5. Stamina loss should be added for players and mounts. (It was in the t2a demo)

Thoughts? I just started a few days ago so I'm still searching for things.
---------------------------------------------
Griefing players since 97
KwS 4 life!
http://luny.xf-s.com/

Badea

Post by Badea »

Lunyftt,

I'm pretty sure that most of the things you mention were early UO and prior to this time period. I say that because as an Anti on LS I killed quite a few Murderers using mass exploding pots and I know that particular use of pots was taken out at some point while I was still playing.

Mobs through Gates. Again, that seems to be early UO to me. Go to Lich Lord room, rile up the LLs, cast a gate and bring them all through to liven up the local neighborhood gathering. That also stopped before I quit (in 2000).

Raising Z Axis. Another that got abused to the point it was removed by OSI, before I quit in 2000. If that one still worked, wouldn't be a safe house in 2nd Age. :)

Badea

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Lunyyft wrote:my notices of things that should be in and/or changed: (If some of these are in or in progress then ignore this post)

1. explode pots when stacked should detonate all at once and if in a container that isn't locked down, it should break.
2. monsters and npcs should be gateable.
3. You should be able to raise your z axis when standing on certain things such as small tables and red boxes.
4. liches shouldn't drop spells over the 5th circle. (I like this one actually)
5. Stamina loss should be added for players and mounts. (It was in the t2a demo)

Thoughts? I just started a few days ago so I'm still searching for things.
We had exp pots exploding each other until only recently, it was removed from OSI pre-T2A (in early Oct 1998)
Monsters and NPC's are gateable here, if they are controlled or enticed.
There are some items in game that will raise your z axis.
I'll take a look at the lich scroll drops, thanks.
Stamina loss is going to be implemented very soon, it's currently live on test center.

Thanks much for this and feedback on inaccuracies is always appreciated.
Welcome to Second Age!

Lunyyft

Post by Lunyyft »

thanks for the quick reply & concern Derrick.
Griefing players since 97
KwS 4 life!
http://luny.xf-s.com/

Raz

Post by Raz »

I can chip in and say that identifying magic items was most definitely not globally revealed post UOR, because that was when I started playing, and it was like that for the entirety of my memories.

When you ID'ed an item, someone else still could not tell what it was.