Reasons not to play UO drunk

Topics related to Second Age
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Reasons not to play UO drunk

Post by nightshark »

Well done whoever got my house key and rune from EBB.

It kind've occurred to me today while playing golf that I may have left my character idling at the bank with my house key and rune... confirmed when I logged on and checked today.

I think I died about 5 times last night and lost about 50k worth of equipment and gold.

Not sure exactly what was in my house, the kryss had sold for 20k though and I hadn't gotten around to putting it on a vendor. I believe there was about 100k worth of lv4-5 tmaps, 20k in gold or so and numerous vanqs. fml. First time in my UO history I have ever been house-looted!

Moral of the story, when you come home stinking drunk, it's not a good idea to "log on UO for a few hours"

Massive set-back, think I'll take a break for a while, will be back though.

Post 666 too. Heh.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Reasons not to play UO drunk

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Sucks....

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Lesson: Don't use house keys

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

Lesson 2: Use table borders.

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

I'd also advise not carrying a house rune at all unless you're red; just a bank rune, and keep a house rune in your bank. Takes extra regs and might be an inconvenience, but it's 100% secure. Furthermore, a table wall with a trash barrel entry is a mild inconvenience as well, but its worth it. I have a home security macro that detects hidden, closes the door behind me, releases an ax locked down on the floor, chops the trash barrel, and locks down the axe again. Then I step forward and place a new barrel with a speech macro. Takes about 2.5 seconds every time I go in my front door, but it is worth it, especially the detect hidden portion.

Second, I like UO and cheap wine. I find I do less stupid stuff with a bottle of wine in me than when I pound a few pitchers of beer. (mm mmm manischewitz)

Third: I do not think you're allowed to play Ultima Online if you also play golf. I think that's in the shard rules... double check me on that.

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Kordavox wrote:Third: I do not think you're allowed to play Ultima Online if you also play golf. I think that's in the shard rules... double check me on that.
I play golf...
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Bag

Post by Bag »

sucks, dawg...

as an aside, though, whats the advantage to destroying/placing a trash barrel over just unlocking and relocking a table? I've seen a lot of table walls w/trash barrels and I'm really not sure why. in my tower I run in, close the doors, run back and forth along the tiles to see if I push anything invisible out of the way, then unlock a table, run through, and lock it back down. there anything problematic about that method?

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Not really if your careful. As long as you detect everytime you should be fine.

The table however requires you to move outta the spot you drop the table into. This allows someone to move into that spot quickly. You would place the table on top of them, and If you didnt detect they could remain hidden there.

The trash barrel drops right on top of your character, making it impossible for someone to slip into that spot unoticed because your standing on it. They would have to push past you thus revealing themselves.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

shit happens when you party naked

i died to bigoud 1v1 when i was trashed once lol

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Not really if your careful. As long as you detect everytime you should be fine.

The table however requires you to move outta the spot you drop the table into. This allows someone to move into that spot quickly. You would place the table on top of them, and If you didnt detect they could remain hidden there.

The trash barrel drops right on top of your character, making it impossible for someone to slip into that spot unoticed because your standing on it. They would have to push past you thus revealing themselves.
Pretty sure you can make a macro to always drop item (table) under your feet by changing it to relative location ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Bag

Post by Bag »

I forgot about the whole issue with characters being revealed from stealth when pushing you out of the way. I guess the more security the better.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

HI IM MIKE wrote:I play golf...
Disc golf?
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

I use a trashbarrel instead of a table simply because there is less crap to go wrong. The table requires 2 actions to replace where the trashbarrel only requires 1.

Also, moving objects can really bork up if its added to the drag/drop queue -- thus the table might not be on the ground yet when you try to lock it down.

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

trash barell is free, tables cost resources or money. that's why. =p