Plate gorgets not showing up on character sprite?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
uofuntime

Plate gorgets not showing up on character sprite?

Post by uofuntime »

Hello, just a minor issue again with armor graphics but I have noticed the plate gorgets do not show up in the character sprite when worn. It shows up on the paper doll fine, but in the game world, the character appears to be bare-necked. Leather and studded gorgets show up as you can see here:

It's the case with many different colors of plate gorget, dull copper, verite, valorite. I assume color is not a factor.

The only problem is... I can't find screenshots of the plate gorget showing up, so I am not sure if the graphic designers were too lazy to make a graphic of it. But I do seem to remember it showing up... because I would have noticed it back then too (spent a lot of time making outfits for characters, hehe). And I have been noticing a few minor glitches with armor/clothing graphics here. Wish I could log on to the official servers and test it out to be sure though.

Thanks!

Derrick

Re: Plate gorgets not showing up on character sprite?

Post by Derrick »

Interesting.

The client uses the same information for equipped items on the paperdoll as it does for the avatar. I think this is a client design glitch, as the gorget definitely shows on the paperdoll.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

The plate gorgets have never shown on the character. Only the paperdoll, as far as I know it's always been like this on UO. I started in 1998 and stopped playing in 2005'ish.

I remember wearing studded leather gorgets instead of plate gorgets with bone armor because it showed up and looked cool with the bone.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Psilo wrote:The plate gorgets have never shown on the character. Only the paperdoll, as far as I know it's always been like this on UO. I started in 1998 and stopped playing in 2005'ish.

I remember wearing studded leather gorgets instead of plate gorgets with bone armor because it showed up and looked cool with the bone.
i recall doing the same
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

Plate gorgets didn't show up on the avatars until Third Dawn (3D client). In 2D they were never visible, like jewelry. =[
Gone to greener pastures.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Psilo wrote:The plate gorgets have never shown on the character. Only the paperdoll, as far as I know it's always been like this on UO. I started in 1998 and stopped playing in 2005'ish.

i recall doing the same
This thread is nearly 2 months old. Let it die to the back!