Tactics will not gain over 95 after using magic weapon

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Kilswar

Tactics will not gain over 95 after using magic weapon

Post by Kilswar »

I am making a new dexer and I used a +5 magic Katana when I GM'd swords. This took me to 100 swords, and 100 tactics. When I take the sword off of course (like it should) I went to 95 tactics.

NOW, I can not raise tactics above 95. I got rid of the magic sword and tried both regular katanas and butcher knives for hours on end. It will not budge.

I have created MANY characters in the past, so I am pretty familiar with skill gain rates and something is up here!

Thanks!

Lazarus

Re: Tactics will not gain over 95 after using magic weapon

Post by Lazarus »

What are you training on? I noticed that when I would fight with a magic sword I wouldn't gain tactics at all (noticed this around 97 tactics) so I stopping using the magic sword and got a GM made and I GM tactics.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll look into this. You can't gain tactics much in excess of the skill you have in the weapon you are holding. If you are trying to gain tacs from 95, gains will be much better using a GM weapon.

The reports of not gaining tactics when using a weapon that adds tactics skill is disturbing as well. I will look into both of these

If you have any info to add about the weapon skill and your level in it that you were using when trying to gain tacs at 95 it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kilswar

Post by Kilswar »

OK, I was using a longsword of force, +5 tactics. I took it off and went to a gm weap with no gain. I quit, logged off for a while, came back, and went from 95-96 tactics in about 15 minutes. So....From my experience my magic sword quit gaining tactics when my skill hit 100 (real skill 95) and I continued not to gain until I logged out of the game and came back in.

I got myself up to abou 98.9 over the last couple days using a Gm katana, and it appears gains are about where they should be again.

As far as the weapon skill goes, I hit GM swords when I had about 94 tactics (real skill)

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Kilswar wrote:OK, I was using a longsword of force, +5 tactics. I took it off and went to a gm weap with no gain. I quit, logged off for a while, came back, and went from 95-96 tactics in about 15 minutes. So....From my experience my magic sword quit gaining tactics when my skill hit 100 (real skill 95) and I continued not to gain until I logged out of the game and came back in.

I got myself up to abou 98.9 over the last couple days using a Gm katana, and it appears gains are about where they should be again.

As far as the weapon skill goes, I hit GM swords when I had about 94 tactics (real skill)
Don't forget you gain skill with faster weapon too.