Being attacked outside of town by a blue...

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
uofuntime

Being attacked outside of town by a blue...

Post by uofuntime »

And when I ran back to town to call guards, there was no help? How come? I remembered you can run back to town to call guards.

The attacker was blue, then turned grey.

Chased me back to town, called guards, but no help? So basically people can attack you once you step out of guard zone (say to and from the moongates) and someone attacks you, it's fine even in town? I don't think that's how it worked in T2A...

Thankfully I outran him.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Being attacked outside of town by a blue...

Post by Hicha »

What were you doing? Sounds like you somehow flagged and he was able to attack you (hence his name turning grey) which also explains why calling guards didn't work.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Hmm I don't know what I could of done to be flagged. I was pretty sure I was blue. I was mining, and stepped into a house to smelt some iron. Then he attacked.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

uofuntime wrote:Hmm I don't know what I could of done to be flagged. I was pretty sure I was blue. I was mining, and stepped into a house to smelt some iron. Then he attacked.
He may have been friended to the house you walked in to smelt lol.

If it was a private house(can be locked or unlocked)then he will see you as grey and stay blue.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Ah... I see. Thanks!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Two things.

First, guards can only be called on someone within the first 15 seconds (I think) of them becoming a criminal.

Second, and more importantly, there are two types of grey:

1) people who are criminals
2) people who can be attacked

I highly suggest changing one of them in your option to purple or something.

Criminals can be guard-whacked. People/animals who can be attacked generally cannot.

If you're in someone's house, you become grey to them. If they attack you, you both become gray to each other for 2 minutes.

If you're alone in the forest, and blue, and someone attacks you, they become purple for 2 minutes, then grey until 2 minutes pass without you fighting each other.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Mikel123 wrote:Two things.

First, guards can only be called on someone within the first 15 seconds (I think) of them becoming a criminal.

Criminals can be guard-whacked. People/animals who can be attacked generally cannot.

If you're in someone's house, you become grey to them. If they attack you, you both become gray to each other for 2 minutes.

If you're alone in the forest, and blue, and someone attacks you, they become purple for 2 minutes, then grey until 2 minutes pass without you fighting each other.
I believe its within 15 secs of any type of attack (even just double-clicking someone while in War mode). Anything that is grey and is flagged the aggressor can be guard-whacked, which is why mobs like liches don't get whacked until they actually flag on someone in-town.

Example: you could attack me in brit GY, and then you run and hide for a minute/minute-half. I come back and find you at the smith, in which you're still grey to me. I run up, hit my AttackLast key, you auto hit me, I yell "guards", you get whacked.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Mikel123 wrote:Two things.

Oh I see--that is a good idea. So it probably is their house that I stepped into.