Uploading Images

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Sandro

Uploading Images

Post by Sandro »

I try to upload images to the forums directly, but it tells me the image is to big.

"Your images may only be up to 640 pixels high."
"Your images may only be up to 480 pixels wide."

To be exact.

I used to do this all the time and I could post images the size of my regular UO screen. Was there a restriction set on this, or am I just doing something wrong..

How can I go on in life if I can't upload my killshots?!?!?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Uploading Images

Post by DarkWing »

upload them as Attatchments!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Thanks, didn't even see that area.

Got frustrated w/ trying to [img] it and then gave up.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I ran into this issue too, I prefer to use the img tags as well. While I understand this is to prevent people from embedding GIGANTIC images into the thread, streaching out and ruining the format, I think that it is too restrictive. I made a wonderfull collage the other day but could not post it because it was a few pixels too big. Seems like we should be able to post at least 800px width?

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I ran into this issue too, I prefer to use the img tags as well. While I understand this is to prevent people from embedding GIGANTIC images into the thread, streaching out and ruining the format, I think that it is too restrictive. I made a wonderfull collage the other day but could not post it because it was a few pixels too big. Seems like we should be able to post at least 800px width?
It's actually implemented because Derrick wants people to upload images to the forum so that stories/posts aren't lost.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pristiq wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I ran into this issue too, I prefer to use the img tags as well. While I understand this is to prevent people from embedding GIGANTIC images into the thread, streaching out and ruining the format, I think that it is too restrictive. I made a wonderfull collage the other day but could not post it because it was a few pixels too big. Seems like we should be able to post at least 800px width?
It's actually implemented because Derrick wants people to upload images to the forum so that stories/posts aren't lost.
I suppose thats right, how about an option to host the picture, and then give a dirrect link so that we can embed it. I hate having to "click" attached photos.

EDIT, I just tried uploading a fairly small photo, and I got this..
"The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB."

Another reason I despise attachments.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I suppose thats right, how about an option to host the picture, and then give a dirrect link so that we can embed it. I hate having to "click" attached photos.
After you upload photos you're given the option of plaving them inline. Also, you only have to click the attached photos is they exceed a certain width. It'd be the same if we were allowed a larger embed maximum. At least this way you can see the whole picture. ;)
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!