+# To Magic Weapons???

Moderator: Support Moderators

wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

+# To Magic Weapons???

Post by wyvern35 »

I am seeing a lot of magic weapons with +# as their description. What does this number mean and how is such a number calculated? Any previous post would be superb as a reference too... I just couldnt find one while searching.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: +# To Magic Weapons???

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think its just the lazy way of saying this weapon adds a tactics bonus without being specific for some reason.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It's not lazy. It's hard to remember whether eminently accurate adds +15 or +20, versus exceedingly, or surpassingly accurate. So people try to save the buyer the headache and spell it out for them.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

oh I thought he meant literally +# that people just forgot/were too lazy to tell what each modifier was.

yeah +25 or whatever is the norm and player friendly add and then the number is a tactics bonus.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Zane

Post by Zane »

I always just type what is on the id'd weapon. I don't want any confusion or chance of mistake on my part.

Forsaken

Post by Forsaken »

Zane wrote:I always just type what is on the id'd weapon. I don't want any confusion or chance of mistake on my part.
ID it, Equip it, then type out; i.e. +20 Vanq Hallly and if it has any kind of weapon durability or hit spell/para/etc, you add that. I.e. Substantial, +20 Vanq Katana w/26 Ghoul's Touch charges.

NOOBS! :p

wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wyvern35 »

Ahh okay that makes sense. Thank you folks

Zane

Post by Zane »

Forsaken wrote:
Zane wrote:I always just type what is on the id'd weapon. I don't want any confusion or chance of mistake on my part.
ID it, Equip it, then type out; i.e. +20 Vanq Hallly and if it has any kind of weapon durability or hit spell/para/etc, you add that. I.e. Substantial, +20 Vanq Katana w/26 Ghoul's Touch charges.

NOOBS! :p
Bah, they can figure it out lol. I just think it's better as the seller to be completely clear about what the item is. Personal preference, not inability to decode the sophisticated system of weapon/armor enhancements. :P

Forsaken

Post by Forsaken »

Zane wrote:Bah, they can figure it out lol. I just think it's better as the seller to be completely clear about what the item is. Personal preference, not inability to decode the sophisticated system of weapon/armor enhancements. :P
Eh, I tend to disagree on this one. I too, am new to UOSA and haven't played T2A in many years. I didn't know what the numbers meant as well, researched it on UOSA's wiki, and felt it really is easier to type out the +#.

People are generally after 2 things, whether or not it's Power/Vanquish and how much +Tactics it has-Anything else is just added bonus.

Return to “New Player Help”