Dragons getting whacked in town

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
nightmare

Dragons getting whacked in town

Post by nightmare »

I was out farming with my dragons when I had 2 blues come up to me and gank my mandrake and then started attacking me they both went grey as 1 stole from me and the other attacked me so i had my drags attack while I called in a gate from my wife. She had just finished a game of bagball so thats where I went. I was going to run to the bank to get more mandrake and didnt want to take my drags through all the trees and stuff so I had them stay and started running. I got about 2 screens away when the wife said she could gate me to the bank. So I came back told my drags to follow and went through the gate and started running up to the bank which was about a screen and a half away. I just got to the bank when I saw one of the guys that attacked me come up from behind and cast magic arrow. He then attacked my drag and my drag stated after him and got whacked by guards. He then did it again and again my drag got whacked so i gated out with my last drag. I dont know how or why my drags could get killed in this situation nor do i care about losing them but I do want to know how I lost them. I was told by a GO that its because my drags were grey to him. Well if thats the case why didnt he get whacked for being grey to me or why not me because I was grey to him as well. These 2 guys went grey to me which makes them the aggressors so I dont see how my drags could get whacked at all. I have had my drags attack greys and reds alot when I get attacked while farming I open a gate and tell them to all follow me. I go through to the bank straight from where I am farming alot and I mean alot after taking that type of action and have never had my drags whacked in town while doing this. I can only assume this is a bug or that there was a patch that I am not aware of and if the latter is what is going on please let me know and if its a bug please get it fixed. Haha or maybe they finally found a way to keep me from escaping :P j/k. Thanks for any useful info on this problem.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dragons getting whacked in town

Post by Zorce »

sounds like some sort of bug/exploit to me and that they waited in town for you so they could use it. I am curious myself.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm curious too, I've been putting this one off because I really don't know the answer.
I do know that aggressive pets left unattended will sometimes commit criminal actions, getting the owner guard whacked in town. THis is consistent with posting from era.

I know that finding steps to reproduce this may be difficult.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Does the flagging system work the same for pets as it does for Players?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There's a bunch of complicated rules that govern being "gray".

Most confusing is that the default color of gray can mean two different things - "criminal" and "attackable". In your Options from your paperdoll, change one of them from gray to purple or something. You may be able to piece the puzzle together better after doing that. For any serious testing of the system, it's crucial to do this.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

If a person is grey to a player though, that player should be able to attack him with pets without getting wacked. The only time I recall agressive pets attacking blues is when they go wild. Where is it documented that they randomly attack blues as a tamed pet???

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Zorce wrote:If a person is grey to a player though, that player should be able to attack him with pets without getting wacked. The only time I recall agressive pets attacking blues is when they go wild. Where is it documented that they randomly attack blues as a tamed pet???
There is much on this, especially for firebreathers, I remember a specific article on tamingarchive.org, but a quick look didn't turn it up
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

So what happened is the dragon went grey because the thief player it attacked was still blue to it, even though the owner saw him as grey?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

Yea I dont really know what happened other than they were both grey to me before i had my drags attack them and I was with my drags when they got whacked and the guy that did it was still grey to me. I did change the collors so that I know when they are attackable grey or purple now :). I would just like to know for sure so I know how to keep it from happening again and if it happens to be a bug I hope it gets fixed. I know there is alot to the game and alot that I still dont know about as I have either forgotten it or it just has never happened to me before Even though I have played for awhile on here and a long time on uo. Example is the enticement. I never had people do that to me on uo and after thinking about it I bet its because people didnt waste a char by having that skill or at least not many. And since we have 3 accounts on here its not much of a waste to be able to have a char to mess with tamers like that. If you die and you learn if you lose your pets you learn :) just need to know what to watch out for so I cabt prevent it in the future. Thanks for any and all help on this matter.