Identifying Items

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Identifying Items

Post by kill drizitz »

i have been using some magic items for a few days now. and i constantly log in to find that the item is no longer telling me the attributes. i have to keep using up itemID charges on things that i have ID'ed multiple times on the same character. its very annoying and a waste of ID charges because i shouldnt have to. its been happening on ALL of my chars to, not just one.

is there something i can do to keep my items ID'ed on the same char?

Mantis Atlantis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Identifying Items

Post by Mantis Atlantis »

Have you tried using the Item ID skill instead? I don't remember ID wands ever having only a temporary effect, regardless. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I've experienced this problem myself. Then again, I use a combination of the skill and wands for all sorts of things. Sometimes I'll transfer items between characters and forget that ID only works for the character(s) who ID'd the item.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

yea. i have chars with the skill. its supposed to show up for the person who ID'ed the item. skill or wand. but i seem to have to continuously ID the items with the same char. not sure why.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Happens to my gm merchant as well. Quite annoying with the long skill delay.

Zane

Post by Zane »

I haven't experienced this with my Item ID char... but as far as I remember it's supposed to "stick" for the character IDing regardless of the method.

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

Odd, I noticed this as well about two days ago. I had a container with around 40 pieces of high end magic jewelry (invis, reflect, teleport) that all became un-IDed, as well as a few other random items.

It must be a bug. I thought there might be a a limit to how many items one character can ID, but that didn't really make sense. This character has IDed about 1,000 items that are still in-game.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This should not happen. Looking into this.

Does anyone recall when they first noticed this hapenning? This is the first report of this.

The only way an item should become unitentified is if there are 50 chars that it's ID'd to, at that point the next person to ID it knocks the first one off the "list".
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

ive been noticing this aswell, every time i log in with my pk all my previously ID'd items need re IDing. maybe started noticing it less than a week ago?

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

well im glad im not the only person. and yes, when i log on my wands seem to still be ID'ed, but my jewlery always needs more IDing.

i noticed it maybe on friday, or thursday of last week. its something recent.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Just double-checked, clothing along with jewelry need to be reidentified almost every time I log on...weapons are staying identified though.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

bump. any news on this? its pretty bad since i have a lockpicker to collect the items and dont have enough ID wands to re-id all the items i already have.

:(

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Isn't there a way to ID an item to be identified by everyone thereafter such as IDing it on the ground either with a wand or skill?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This will be fixed on next publish. From what I can tell it's only jewlery that has this issue. I see the report of clothing abile, but cannot see this issue with clothing.

Thanks for your patience on this one.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

i was pretty sure i was having the problem with my weapon on my pk aswell (bardiche).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This was fixed yesterday. Sorry I didn't get patch notes up yet

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”