Paralyze and damage

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Maleficia

Paralyze and damage

Post by Maleficia »

I am 99% confident that paralyze caused 1 hp of damage. This may seem inconsequential, but I remember casting para when in mid tame (if the animal became unfrozen while taming), the 1pt damage was enough to make the animal too angry to continue taming therefore interrupting the taming and I would have to start over.

I don't remember Para field caused any damage.

Mor'Sereg

Re: Paralyze and damage

Post by Mor'Sereg »

I seem to recall the same thing, although, i'm not sure when but it would have been a very long time ago. When you got para'd you were hit for one point of damage and could then use a bandage, so if someone para'd and went for explode dump.

alatar

Post by alatar »

paralyze dealt 1 damage so that you would recieve a murder count for paralyzing someone..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:paralyze dealt 1 damage so that you would recieve a murder count for paralyzing someone..
I remember this too, and I'll get it in asap.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Here is some information from the 10/12/99 stratics archives which you might find interesting. This comes from the reputation FAQ for spells located here:

Spells like Paralyzation and Weaken are considered attacks that can be reported. However, the target can still have full hit points after these spells are cast. How will this work?

"Full health" is defined as having full hit points and not being under the effect of any spells that have adverse effects (paralyzation, weaken, etc.). Mana is not used in determining if you are at full health. (Thus you can never become a Murderer from casting Mana Drain or Mana Vampire if that is the only form of attack you use)
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes. I didn't mean to imply that you had to damage to get a count, only that I seemed to recall Para doing 1hp of damage.