Need Healing Experts!

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Need Healing Experts!

Post by Daolin »

I posted for a healing guide several weeks ago. I still have not had much luck healing. Does anybody know of an effective way to reach GM? I'm at 73.8 displayed healing and i've gained 0.1 skill in an hour of constant healing on another character. This is just incredibly slow. One of the hardest skills I have encountered. Is there an easier way??

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Need Healing Experts!

Post by Batlin »

Don't heal damage after 60.
Instead start curing poison with your bandages.

I did it by casting poison on myself.
(If you do this outside town you can gain up to 55 resisting spells.)

When you reach 80 you should be able to resurrect ghosts with your bandages.
Log on with a second character, make him a ghost and "heal" him/her until you reach 100.

You will need lots of bandages though at the higher levels.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Good tips! I knew poison was probably the next step, but I wasn't sure if it was really worth the extra resources.

Do I need real or displayed 80 healing skill? (Actually i thought it was 81)

Evocah

Post by Evocah »

Just go to Shame and fight scorpians. You'll gain healing and quite abit of gold. More fun then macroing too. Just watch out for PKs...

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I'll do that if I roll a fighter. This char doesn't have combat skills and so i'll go the poison casting route.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Its easier than it seems, or at least it was for me. Especially since i simulataneously created a healer while another character was macroing magery/resist. But either way, min to 81 I healed someone taking routine damage. 82 to GM i ressed a ghost that never actually ressed. Easy Sauce. It does help if the person you are healing between 60 to 80 is frequently at very low health, i.e. someone macroing magery/resist.

Vanathros

Post by Vanathros »

I have 5 GM Healers on Divinity, so I'll give you a few tips on getting your skill up.
1. Purchase 'a magical wizard's hat' from the Mage's Shop in western Britain.
Equip the hat, remove it, and apply bandages. Why?
the hat reduces your STR, and when removed, your max STR returns to normal, but it seems as if you've recieved damage. It's very easy to GM Healing this way, simply apply a bandage as soon as you remove the hat. Even if you're only 2 HP from full, apply that bandage.

2. Spar with a fellow guildmate using wrestling [Make sure wrestling is pointed down or locked, either is fine, though the latter is recommended] You'll deal minimal damage to each other, and when you apply the bandages, you'll notice that you heal your sparring partner faster. This is because you always heal others faster than you heal yourself.

3. Go into the wilderness and find a few small animals [Birds, Rats, Rabbits] to attack you, as soon as you recieve 1 point of damage, apply a bandage. As soon as the bandage is applied, you should have taken a few more points of damage, so continue applying them until you GM Healing or run out, or until you get bored.

X. Note that higher DEX = faster healing times, 100 DEX = 4 second heal time on your target, whether you target yourself or another person. Also note that the 4 second heal time won't apply until you GM Healing.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Daolin wrote:I posted for a healing guide several weeks ago. I still have not had much luck healing. Does anybody know of an effective way to reach GM? I'm at 73.8 displayed healing and i've gained 0.1 skill in an hour of constant healing on another character. This is just incredibly slow. One of the hardest skills I have encountered. Is there an easier way??
As Batlin said, over 65 or so, curing poison is the best way to gain, once you get well into the 80's resurrecting will be the fastest method. You cannot GM healing very easily as all by just healing damage, although it is theoretically possible.
Vanathros wrote:X. Note that higher DEX = faster healing times, 100 DEX = 4 second heal time on your target, whether you target yourself or another person. Also note that the 4 second heal time won't apply until you GM Healing.
Higher Dex does not give faster heal times, this is a feature along with many other changes to combat that came just prior to UO:R release. The Dex based healing was actually introduced almost a month after the Jan 24 2000 patch that removed to ability to pre-cast spells; we don't support any OSI patches post December 31, 1999.

Removal of precasting: Server Publish Jan 24 2000 9:14AM CST
Healing changes: Server Publish Feb 23 2000 10:22AM CST

Axiluvia

Post by Axiluvia »

Does anatomy matter for healing? It did when I was playing the actual game, but I'm not sure on this shard...

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Does anatomy matter for healing?
Yes it matters, read here : http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Healing

Have fun.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Senses

Post by Senses »

Shrug, everyone makes healing out to be super hard or something but I think this is only because people make two major mistakes when skilling up.

1) Don't just level healing. Level healing and tactics and weaponskill or healing and resist and magery, all at the same time. Doing this, Healing will raise much faster than any of the latter and you will find yourself stalled at about 86 before you notice any slow down whatsoever.

2) At 86, you absolutely have to begin skilling up with Anatomy as well. This is because the only way to gain further is the ability to res and you need anatomy for that. Once you get anatomy to 80 spend one night ressing a ghost that never accepts the res and you should hit 94 before you hit the next wall. At this point your as good as any GM healer but continuing with the ghost ressing will eventually get you GM.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Heal on a dead character that continually chooses not to be ressurected....

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

ive gotten to 93 healing just healing damage on 2 other characters while they macroed to 100 resist.
but thats ALOT of bandages

grimsk

Post by grimsk »

50-65 (Not show real) .. Just spare with a NPC while you raise yer tactic or weaponskill .. It's will get you very fast to 60 show real
after this , start using poison up to 78 show real or 80 skill.THan start rezzing a ghost.

If you're a warrior with no magery .. you have different option .. But the best option it's making an alchemist(50 alchemy) and just make tons of poison potion(The cheap one which cost 1 reagents) So drink and cure and rinse and repeat.

Also .. when we say 80 skill or whatever.It's never show real.

If you only go with the Wizard trick.It's going to cost you a fuck load of bandage and time.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

well i used all the tricks here but nothing worked. i was macroing in my house
first hour 0,3 gain second hour no gain... but i had an idea ... i have a patio house and poisned onmyself in my "garden<--:p" and now it works every 3-4 cure try 0,1 gain...
so i think healing at 65 dont realy gain in houses
hope this post helped,
nice day and good luck @ gaining ur dexer :P
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here