How To Raise Standard Tank / Hally Mage Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

How To Raise Standard Tank / Hally Mage Guide

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I couldn't find this searching so here is a quick and simple way to do it.

I'm sure this guide has been done but here is my way. I think it is the fastest/easiest way.

This is the standard/best PvP template for uosecondage and I'd recommend anyone wanting to kill players to just start here rather than mess around with weird templates. This is the standard and it is the best.

Skills

100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Evaluating Intelligence
100 Resisting Spells

100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
100 Wrestling

Stats
100 Str, 35 Dex, 90 Int (Standard)
other options:
100 Str, 25 Dex, 100 Int (Mana whore)
98 Str, 42 Dex, 85 Int (Dex monkey)

Creating the Character - Choosing options
Start with 50 Magery, 50 Meditation, 50 Int and whatever Str/Dex you want (you just need enough Strength to survive the time between when you attack your NPC and can invis yourself)

Step One - GM Tactics, Wrestle, Swords in One Go while you also get 90 Eval.
To raise the fastest I would start with melee so that you get an overall passive gain on stats.
Make a 50 Healing/50 Anatomy nube if you have no healer, otherwise you need a healer (total two characters)
Get 4 skinning knives and like 6500 bandages for about 9 hours macro.

You raise the fastest on Mages from Ocllo mage shop. To train on one, hire one for 3000gp and take it to your house. Set your healer to heal it every 5100ms. Get it to guard you, attack it and then invis your character without tabbing out. Then tell them to follow you so they walk back in towards you. You'll hit them, they wont hit you. Use an invis item if you don't have another character to invis you while you're attacking them.

To GM all three melee skills in one go, record a macro lifting one of your skinning knives onto your paperdoll and then using Eval Int on the mage. In the Razor macro, right click the line that has the lift action and change it to 'By Type'. Set the macro to loop.

With this macro looping, you'll re-arm the skinning knife as you break it. 4 skinning knives is enough to GM swords, and run out knives, continuing on wrestling. You'll also Eval Int all night. Run the macro overnight and you'll be pretty much GM all three skills when you wake up, with 90 Eval Int. Using a mage from Ocllo is essential and you'll get it done in about 9 hours+

Step Two - Get 50 Resist in 15 minutes
You need three characters. The one you're raising, a healer, and a mage that can cast firefield.
Healer heals your raising char every 5s
Firefielder casts next to the healer char
Raiser char walks back and forth on the 3 tiles next to the healer in the fire field
You get 55 resist from this in about 15 minutes

Step Three - GM Magery, Meditation, Resist
Now you just cast spells on yourself over and over, and pretty soon you'll have a tank mage.
at 50 Magery to 60 magery cast Lightning on yourself
At 60 Magery to 80 Magery cast ebolts on yourself
Above 80 magery cast flamestrike on yourself

Here are my macros roughly:

Lightning

If hits >= 50
If mana => 30 (change this as you gain)
Lightning
Wait for Target
Target Self
End If
End If
If Mana <=29 (change this as you gain as well, one less than above mana)
Meditation
End If

Ebolt

If hits >= 70
If mana => 50 (change this as you gain)
Energy Bolt
Wait for Target
Target Self
End If
End If
If Mana <=49 (change this as you gain as well, one less than above mana)
Meditation
End If

Flamestrike

If hits >= 80
If mana => 60 (change this as you gain)
Energy Bolt
Wait for Target
Target Self
End If
End If
If Mana <=59 (change this as you gain as well, one less than above mana)
Meditation
End If

** IMPORTANT **

Change the mana as you gain. In this macro you meditate after you cast, and gain GM med as you raise magery.
So after a cast you want to meditate at a challenging level for your skill
Eg, if you have 80 meditation, you need to meditate at like 20% of your int for it to be challenging and see good gains.
50 Med you want like 50% of your mana.. etc
So add whatever mana the spell costs, to the challenging level you want to med at.. and set it as your first mana if conditional.

Step Four - You're done with Magery/Med

Run Step three until you're at least GM magery and meditation - if you GM magery first (happens if you dont set correct med levels) just keep going since you need resist anyway.
Most likely if you're new you'll GM magery and meditation and have around 90 resist and maybe leave it there because it is expensive to raise past 90 resist, and you get most of the benefit by having 90.
If you have the gold just run the flamestrike mana on if mana=100 (so you cast as fast as possible without challenging yourself) past 90 resist. It will take like 10'000 fs regs from 90 to GM, more than it took to get to 90.

Step Five - Finish off Eval
You only raised to 90 eval while you did Melee, so macro Eval up to GM to finish off your character.

Assuming you have the gold you can have a 7x gm tank mage in about 3 days
At a guess I'd say all up it costs bout 90-140k

If you want to get gold fast to raise a tank mage the fastest way would be to ask in IRC to buy 4-5 dragons (maybe $2k ea) and have the tamer leave them in Lich Lords room. You dont need a turret, they can roam loose and you can farm about 70k an hour. Use Greater heal to heal them.

Good luck!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How To Raise Standard Tank / Hally Mage Guide

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

P.S

1. You'll need object delay set to 1000 for the equip macro to work

2. Eventually adjust mana so you are meditating at 0 when you get to like 95+ med you'd be casting flamestrike at 40 mana

TLDR version of OP:

1. Start 50 mage 50 med 50 int
2. Raise Swords/Tacts/Wrestle/Eval in one go basically overnight to GM
3. 55 Resist in 15 minutes
4. Raise magery/med to GM over bout 2 days and get 90 resist.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Now I just need a guide or some lessons on how to use this type of char....
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

For this I will quote the great Nightshark:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22697

Return to “Guides”