Guild Inaccuracies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Guild Inaccuracies

Post by Hemperor »

6/11/98 wrote: * Guildmasters can now declare war against other guilds. When the war is mutually declared, a state of war exists. Note that the Declare War window only shows 150 guilds at a time. To get a different set of 150, simply cancel the window and reopen it.
* Members of guilds you are at war with will appear orange.
* Fellow guildmembers will appear green.
* A new free-for-all warfare method exists: order and chaos guilds.
o Order and Virtue guards as they currently exist go away.
o Guildmasters can now declare their guild to be either order or chaos, if they meet the requirements.
o You must be at the third tier of Fame (the level just below Lord) and not be a murderer, in order to join an order or chaos guild.
o Any members who do not meet the requirements when a guild becomes an order or chaos guild will be kicked out of the guild automatically.
o If you are a member of an order or chaos guild, and become a murderer, or lose enough fame to fall below the requirements (by dying or by atrophy), you'll be removed from the guild.

o All members of order and chaos guilds will be forced to display their guild abbreviation at all times. In addition, their abbreviation will automatically be followed by "(Order)" or "(Chaos)".
o If you are a member of an order or chaos guild, and do not have the special shield, you can simply say "order shield" or "chaos shield" to one of the guards of Lord British or Lord Blackthorn (you must ask the appropriate guard for the appropriate shield, of course).
o The shields will no longr disappear immediately. They are also no longer required to be worn.
o For highlighting purposes, all members of guilds of the opposing alignment will appear orange, and can be freely attacked. All members of guilds of the same alignment will appear green, and can also be freely attacked.
EDIT:
10/1/98 wrote:The Fame requirement or joining and staying in order/chaos guilds will be removed.
I just found this one...although I think the fame requirement would be pretty cool and get all players into the dungeons every once in a while

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Re: Guild Inaccuracies

Post by Faust »

'tis true.

I doubt the fame requirements would ever successfully make it in though, even though it could help with the dungeon scenario. The only reason is because the date is too close to the release of t2a if not earlier. The other issues should apply for era accuracy though.

keuse

Post by keuse »

if these changes was implemented the chaos/order system would be more dead than it already is.
anyone who wants them implemented just wants to ally kill everyone.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

keuse wrote:if these changes was implemented the chaos/order system would be more dead than it already is.
I liked when they had this implemented on OSI. I liked finding more O/C fights in dungeons due to the need for fame. And pair that up with the fact that we have spell damage in town reduced, this would help O/C fights. You'd see more people fighting in dungeons overall.

I understand why there's a chance it wouldn't be added due to the time it was actually in the game, but it was a pretty good system (it seemed to work well on LS I know, that was also before everyone was an asshole on this game. Order guilds wouldn't fight each other, they'd go around together killing off Chaos people)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

keuse

Post by keuse »

RoadKill wrote:
keuse wrote:if these changes was implemented the chaos/order system would be more dead than it already is.
I liked when they had this implemented on OSI. I liked finding more O/C fights in dungeons due to the need for fame. And pair that up with the fact that we have spell damage in town reduced, this would help O/C fights. You'd see more people fighting in dungeons overall.

I understand why there's a chance it wouldn't be added due to the time it was actually in the game, but it was a pretty good system (it seemed to work well on LS I know, that was also before everyone was an asshole on this game. Order guilds wouldn't fight each other, they'd go around together killing off Chaos people)
UO and the internet community have changed all together since 98.
now everyone is dog eat dog and grief the living shit out of everyone when advantages like this exist.

Faust

Post by Faust »

How would it be dead?

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

If you don't want to be attacked, don't join a war guild, don't join order/chaos ... thats by choice. If you join a side, you are condoning being attacked ... Order/Chaos is a PvP system as primitive as it is ...

Allowing Order to be green to other Order and the same for Chaos ... then Order and Chaos Orange to each other [ which is how it was ], allows there to actually be a rivalry between being Order and being Chaos. I remember on Atlantic ... Chaos was dominated by mostly mages with a few dexers, and Order was the total opposite ... tons of dexers with a few mages .... Was a lot of town killing going on but each side had their advantage ... when order was farming for fame as dexers, mages would roll them, but in town the dexers had the advantage ... Smaller guilds could team up together ... not that they can't now, but if someone is griefing inside their own "faction", they can't dispose of them.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

I have a feeling if you put the fame thing in, you'd see alot less orange cause they'll all be afraid to loose the fame to death cause it's an annoyance to get back, as well as more ganks because people won't risk roling solo anymore.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Flash Hardstar wrote:I have a feeling if you put the fame thing in, you'd see alot less orange cause they'll all be afraid to loose the fame to death cause it's an annoyance to get back, as well as more ganks because people won't risk roling solo anymore.

i agree that annoyance is a good word for the fame... ev'ing for fame is pretty dumb and i dont think people would do it... People need incentive to join order/chaos right now, not the other way around.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

keuse wrote: UO and the internet community have changed all together since 98.
now everyone is dog eat dog and grief the living shit out of everyone when advantages like this exist.

haha, thats rich.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

The fame thing will not have any chance of coming in, but I would say to expect the rest of these changes coming very soon

alatar

Post by alatar »

Hemperor wrote:The fame thing will not have any chance of coming in, but I would say to expect the rest of these changes coming very soon
thanks derrick
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

sorry, wasnt trying to sound in charge...

derrick cleared up for me that the fame thing was pre-t2a...the rest of these are accurate so im only assuming they will be implemented.

thanks quitter :mrgreen:

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick, if you reimplement the order/chaos can't be murderers thing can you give us a bit of a heads up before it goes in? Many in the Bloodrock have gone red because the 'auto boot on murderer' aspect of chaos guilds was not in place, it would be nice to have a chance to switch away from a chaos guild rather then just logging in one day to find half of our guild booted ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm sure he will give some sort of notice when he fixes this. He is usually good with this sort of thing.