Healing Humanoid Monsters

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Healing Humanoid Monsters

Post by Mikel123 »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes
We have made some changes to the Veterinary and Healing skills to improve their performance and make them more consistent.
You will no longer be able to use Veterinary or Healing on the following monsters: Zombies, Daemons, Air Elementals, Earth Elementals, Fire Elementals, Water Elementals, Gazers, Liches, Spectres, Skeletons, Wisps, Energy Vortexes, and Blade Spirits.
The Veterinary and Healing skills will also now distinguish between animals, monsters, and humanoid creatures.
The following animals and monsters will be healed using the Veterinary skill: Gargoyles, Corpsers, Dragons, Reapers, Slimes, Terrathans, Eagles, Birds, Giant Snakes, Spiders, Gorillas, Mongbats, Giant Scorpions, Snakes, Drakes, Frogs, Sea Serpents, Dolphins, Horses, Cats, Alligators, Pigs, Rabbits, Lava Lizards, Sheep, Chickens, Goats, Ostards, Bears, Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears, Cougars, Giant Rats, Cows, Dogs, Llamas, Walruses, Wolves (timber), Nightmares, Bulls, Great Harts, Hinds, Rats, Pack Horses, Pack Llamas.
These creatures will be healed using the Healing skill: Trolls, Cyclopes, Ophidians, Ogres, Ettins, Orcs, Harpies, Headlesses, Lizardmen, Ratmen, and Humans (including Player Characters).
So, this is right at the end of our timeframe. But I feel like the flavor of it is nice to have. I don't know if we've intended to apply this or not, but I am trying to heal an ogre at the moment and failing constantly with GM healing, so I assume it's checking my Veterinary skill.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Healing Humanoid Monsters

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes
We have made some changes to the Veterinary and Healing skills to improve their performance and make them more consistent.
You will no longer be able to use Veterinary or Healing on the following monsters: Zombies, Daemons, Air Elementals, Earth Elementals, Fire Elementals, Water Elementals, Gazers, Liches, Spectres, Skeletons, Wisps, Energy Vortexes, and Blade Spirits.
The Veterinary and Healing skills will also now distinguish between animals, monsters, and humanoid creatures.
The following animals and monsters will be healed using the Veterinary skill: Gargoyles, Corpsers, Dragons, Reapers, Slimes, Terrathans, Eagles, Birds, Giant Snakes, Spiders, Gorillas, Mongbats, Giant Scorpions, Snakes, Drakes, Frogs, Sea Serpents, Dolphins, Horses, Cats, Alligators, Pigs, Rabbits, Lava Lizards, Sheep, Chickens, Goats, Ostards, Bears, Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears, Cougars, Giant Rats, Cows, Dogs, Llamas, Walruses, Wolves (timber), Nightmares, Bulls, Great Harts, Hinds, Rats, Pack Horses, Pack Llamas.
These creatures will be healed using the Healing skill: Trolls, Cyclopes, Ophidians, Ogres, Ettins, Orcs, Harpies, Headlesses, Lizardmen, Ratmen, and Humans (including Player Characters).
So, this is right at the end of our timeframe. But I feel like the flavor of it is nice to have. I don't know if we've intended to apply this or not, but I am trying to heal an ogre at the moment and failing constantly with GM healing, so I assume it's checking my Veterinary skill.
yeah i noticed this when i started here. tried to heal a harpy (for skill gain), it increased my vet. wrong.

it's also wrong that monsters auto make you criminal when you heal them (it's like they have permanent criminal status). by default they should be attackable but not criminal. if they attack someone, they become criminal. if they are attacked, they are not a criminal and can be freely healed.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

By the time you get close enough though, most of them will have already attacked you. One of the better things I did was change my Criminal flag color to orange, while keeping "attackable" as gray. The difference means a lot in terms of understanding the game.

Faust

Post by Faust »

nightshark wrote: it's also wrong that monsters auto make you criminal when you heal them (it's like they have permanent criminal status). by default they should be attackable but not criminal. if they attack someone, they become criminal. if they are attacked, they are not a criminal and can be freely healed.
I don't believe this to be true since my recollection on the matter is different. People would grief others and flag criminal when they would heal monsters.

I'm pretty sure the demo would reflect this too.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You can heal monsters without going gray until they flag an innocent. That is the way it should work, and currently does.

Monsters aren't criminals by default, just "attack-able"
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Sandro wrote:You can heal monsters without going gray until they flag an innocent. That is the way it should work, and currently does.

Monsters aren't criminals by default, just "attack-able"
Ah ok, I guess I haven't tried it out enough... sounds like working as intended
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is a Nov 23 change; i.e., that fuzzy patch day that we don't fall wholly on one side of or the other due to our stubborn refusal to neither adopt the housing changes, nor eliminate runebooks and potion kegs. I think this is a reasonable change to make and will stick it on the list pending any other rational objection.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."