Friending ridable pets

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ripplinger

Friending ridable pets

Post by Ripplinger »

When you would friend a ridable pet to someone, they could ride the pet. I had 2 tamers on my account on an OSI shard, and I would be able to friend nightmares to every character on my account and they could ride them, I gave them to friends also in the same way. I recently reactivated my OSI account to see how the game was now (for just one month, I hated it and found this shard), and they all had 42 Animal Taming* so that might have been a requirement for nightmares. But for anything less (horses, llamas, forest and desert ostards), no Animal Lore was required. It was this way up through at the expansion after T2A (I quit shortly after that expansion), certainly during T2A.

I just discovered that friending a pet here doesn't allow the friend to ride it, it says that you are not the owner. You must transfer the pet for the new owner to be able to ride it. I'm 100% certain this is not era accurate.

*Edit: Oops, error in quick typing above, I meant they had 42 taming to ride a nightmare, not lore. Pretty sure they didn't have any lore at all.
Last edited by Ripplinger on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Derrick

Re: Friending ridable pets

Post by Derrick »

Does this work currently on OSI?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

No, it was changed during an expansion. Not the one that came immediately after T2A, but somewhere after that.

I routinely used to just friend all my nightmares in that manner in case a character died, I could get the original tamer back there quicker to possibly save the mare. Player friends preferred I did that as well to help them out. And all those characters are still seated on the nightmares when I logged in recently to check it out. If I get off the mare though with the character without the required taming and lore, I can't get back on it, I need to get the original tamer back. So I just logged out all the characters still on the mares to avoid that hassle (except for the first character where it happened).

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Ripplinger wrote:No, it was changed during an expansion. Not the one that came immediately after T2A, but somewhere after that.

I routinely used to just friend all my nightmares in that manner in case a character died, I could get the original tamer back there quicker to possibly save the mare. Player friends preferred I did that as well to help them out. And all those characters are still seated on the nightmares when I logged in recently to check it out. If I get off the mare though with the character without the required taming and lore, I can't get back on it, I need to get the original tamer back. So I just logged out all the characters still on the mares to avoid that hassle (except for the first character where it happened).
Wow, that's cool. Can you get a screenshot of a character on a mare with the animal taming/lore displayed?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

The month I paid for just expired a few days ago. If it's important for proof, I might enable it for one more month for screenshots, but I so hated the whole experience, I'd rather not unless really necessary.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

nightshark wrote:Wow, that's cool. Can you get a screenshot of a character on a mare with the animal taming/lore displayed?
I don't think this matters, as someone here can be on a nightmare with 0 lore, 0 taming, if they are transferred it. They just can't command it.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Haha I remember sharing pack horses with my friend in Minoc... wow, sad nostalgia moment right there. :(
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Pack horses can definitely be shared with friends; I'd like to find more info on friends being able to ride mounts though; I'm sure we can find info on this. Thanks much for the post!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:
nightshark wrote:Wow, that's cool. Can you get a screenshot of a character on a mare with the animal taming/lore displayed?
I don't think this matters, as someone here can be on a nightmare with 0 lore, 0 taming, if they are transferred it. They just can't command it.
well, it would just prove the character is not the owner of the mare, and thus they are a friended character riding it.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

What I mean is, the 0 Lore, 0 Taming, cannot distinguish between an owner of the pet and a friend of the pet, since either can (theoretically) be riding it with those stats. You can ride a mare with 0/0 as the owner, you just can't command it.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Mikel123 wrote:What I mean is, the 0 Lore, 0 Taming, cannot distinguish between an owner of the pet and a friend of the pet, since either can (theoretically) be riding it with those stats. You can ride a mare with 0/0 as the owner, you just can't command it.
I think they are talking about a pre-patched character riding a mare on EA servers, today.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

oh, right.

i guess a screenshot of him originally on the mare, and then gets off and is unable to remount would prove it?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

A screenshot on EA with 0/0 tame & lore while on a mare would do pretty well. Although im not sure how it would prove the friend-rider theory, unless he had a video of the player on the mare, dismount, then unable to re-mount.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

yea, razor is legal on EA servers now, an RPV would do.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think it might be easier to find some reference to this in the archives, or even test in Demo, I just haven't had a chance to look into it yet. Thanks guys!