Inconsistencies (mainly graphical) with era screenshots

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
marmalade

Inconsistencies (mainly graphical) with era screenshots

Post by marmalade »

while looking through the screenshot archive (http://download.uosecondage.com/ChesieSSs/) i noticed a number of (mainly graphical) inconsistencies with our shard. i have no idea if the inverted graphics are changeable but i thought i'd add them anyway. i'll add anything else if i find them.

EDIT: i just realised i posted this in the complete wrong forum section, so if a mod reads this please move it. thanks.

EDIT 2: it's just dawned on me that some of these screenshots (mainly ones in the 'chessy' folder, not the 'chessy2' folder) may be pre t2a. nearly everybody has a lord title, there doesn't appear to be a delay between using skills (look at stealing screenie in deceit below) and alot of the screenies have tents in them. also, in the suspected pre t2a screenies, monsters appear to have red names instead of grey ones. i'll post any inconsistencies here anyway, and derrick can make the decision.

frost troll corpses should read 'an icy troll corpse' instead of 'a frost troll corpse'

corpsers (and reapers i guess?) should have the [frozen] tag after their names

the system message recieved upon targeting a creature after using the provocation skill should read 'You play your music, inciting anger, and it begins to look furious. Whom do you wish it to attack?'

currently, it reads 'You play your music and your target becomes angered. Whom do you wish them to attack?'

overloaded message is different

system message for entering/leaving guardzone is different. COULD BE PRE T2A

very trivial, but there should be an exclamation mark at the end of the 'You see an x attacking y!' message

another trivial one, slimy in 'a slimy corpse' is spelt without an e. on here it's spelt 'a slimey corpse'

another trivial one, exclamation mark at the end of 'You feel yourself resisting magical energy!' message

a platemail gorget of spell reflection!? note the lack of charges though..

plate helm of blessings (and invul) with 50 charges. note it says blessings and not blessing.

mage corpses should read 'a human corpse' instead of 'an evil mage corpse'. also, i don't know if the red robes are anything to suggest that the spawn in the ice fiend room should be regular evil mages, or if evil mage lords should have red robes instead of blue? at the moment on uosa, evil mages and evil mage lords both spawn with blue robes.

air elementals should be transparent (maybe it just my client where they aren't?)

INVERTED IMAGES

inverted guildstone

inverted halberd

inverted feathered tribal mask

non inverted, for reference

inverted sandals, although i have seen them facing both directions which suggests that they perhaps spawned with two graphics?

non inverted, for reference

inverted and non inverted gnarled staves
Last edited by marmalade on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:33 am, edited 27 times in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Inconsistencies (mainly graphical) with era screenshots

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm pretty sure masks spawned in both directions.

The halberd is a nice catch. I am really surprised that nobody brought this up sooner.

Also check out the random statues around shame?

4579190a

Post by 4579190a »

Can you find anything for white wyrms? where a tame says all kill and it works ? i would love you

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

btw, reason 887576134 why people remember more kills in 1999 than now, and whine about how hard it is to kill someone - check out an obvious PvPer, fairly successful at that, who has as little as 88 STR on one of his characters.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

4579190a wrote:Can you find anything for white wyrms? where a tame says all kill and it works ? i would love you
All kill works just fine (commanding the nearest pet), there are like 9999 other threads on this that prove pretty certain it is functioning correctly.

Mike123, there is no doubt that easy stats and skill gain have lead towards the complaints everyone makes today. I almost wish this server had a no-macro policy :(

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

MatronDeWinter wrote: The halberd is a nice catch. I am really surprised that nobody brought this up sooner.
well, that the thing. i've come across countless screenshots of hallys already, so i'd be really surprised if derrick or someone else hasn't come across it yet. makes me think its a runuo or client side issue that can't be changed, but i thought i'd mention it anyway.

i've found a couple more but i'll wait for confirmation on this before i post them.
Last edited by marmalade on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Na, there is no client side issue there as long as the graphic is still present in the files (it is).

I think it's interesting how low that halberd is in the players backpack. You can't sit one in your backpack like that here no matter how hard you tried.

in this pic
http://download.uosecondage.com/ChesieS ... ap1394.jpg

but that probably is a client issue.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

yea theres a couple screenshots that show piles of gold that are strangely low in peoples packs aswell.

note the cursor is nowhere near the backpack in both pictures, so i doubt the piles are being 'held'.

in corpse container aswell
Last edited by marmalade on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I really wish it would work like that here. Some items are just frustrating to carry around.

Brules

Post by Brules »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I really wish it would work like that here. Some items are just frustrating to carry around.
Would definately be era accurate!

Populus

Post by Populus »

Nice find! Also thanks for the link to screenshots. I love watching old screenies. :D
ImageImageImage
[cA]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Looks like some chests should spawn in the blood elemental room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Here is a pic of the amazing "stack of flour with hay can block balrons" trick.

I noticed that papua bakery etc does not even sell that Hay here for some reason.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

and the GM page window worked very different.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Stealing messages showed what the other person was trying to steal.