Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should "All Follow Me" Refresh Mount Stamina Fully

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 73

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

Post by Izual »

Should this be a Shard-Wide Player made decision?

Post your thoughts
Last edited by Izual on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Derrick

Re: Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

Post by Derrick »

Is this what it's come to? The message of the day is not accurate represents 25% of the top inaccuracies on the shard?? This is great news!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

I need to edit that.

I didn't post that, it was taken from another thread
Last edited by Izual on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I like the more-accurate stamina, though I admit it seems to diminish a little faster than I remember it, but I strongly prefer it over the old system. I am not a big fan of the "all follow me" exploit though, it works against the effect that the accurate-stamina was hoping to accomplish. I would rather see this bug gone.

I dont think "inaccuracy" is a good argiment here though, it's not really the same thing as trophies/silver, events, housing. The "all follow me" thing was obviously never intended, and it's not a "fun" little bug that is interesting from a historic standpoint.

I sort of group this in the same catagory as, "Why is there no duping?", "Where are the item-bless deeds?". I vote no, remove the "all follow me" stamina refresher, on the grounds that it is game-breaking.

benny-

Post by benny- »

Agreed...this usage of the command, combined with razor, will completely negate the recent fix to horse stamina. Considering the speed of such a macro, we'll probably be seeing players spamming this with out hardly stopping and only dismounting for sheer milliseconds, eliminating the risk of your mount being attacked when you need to refresh stam. All this recent patch will do is require pvpers to use an additional hotkey and create a further need for using razor just to participate in gameplay.

While I suppose it's a matter of opinion, producing a secondary effect (setting stamina to 100%) through the usage of a command designed for something completely different (getting your horse to follow you) does seem like a bug. Considering this shard makes exceptions for bugs that existed during the era when they have a large impact on gameplay, I see know reason why this should be kept in for accuracy's sake.

Eliminate the Razor-spamming commands and let's see what happens when mount stam becomes a big player in field pvp.
- Elisud

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

As I stated in another thread on this same subject this looks in the OSI code to be explicitly intentional. The stamina refresh is in there for all followers.

I'm not a big fan of it either, but I did want to get that information stated.

The fact that there are other inaccuracies in UOSA in indisputable; however the intention is to be more accurate not less. I don't believe it possible to make a straight face argument that because we have (yes I'm going to pick on this one) the Message Of the Day, that we should intentionally change other accurate mechanics on the shard. This "bug" is not something we've added recently, follow me has had an effect on follower stamina on UOSA for a long long time.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I like the more-accurate stamina, though I admit it seems to diminish a little faster than I remember it, but I strongly prefer it over the old system. I am not a big fan of the "all follow me" exploit though, it works against the effect that the accurate-stamina was hoping to accomplish. I would rather see this bug gone.
This.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Derrick wrote:(yes I'm going to pick on this one)
Izual wrote:The 'Events/Trophy System' alone should be enough to override any 'era accuracy' argument
Last edited by Izual on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

benny- wrote:we'll probably be seeing players spamming this
Picture this scenario if you will..

Everyone on a field dueling, all hitting their "horse stamina refresh" macro

**--hop off 'all follow me' hop on-- **continues fighting**

You can't get much more mechanical than that
Last edited by Izual on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

LOL at all you freaking cry babies.

All follow me was a part of t2a, get used to it.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Izual wrote:"Hey Jimmy let's go play that server where you have to have a macro that hops off horse says all follow me and hops back on!!"
Yea it is a lil wonky. :/

rouss

Post by rouss »

"Hey Jimmy let's go play that server where your horse runs out of stam like a mofo!!"

Does that sound better? Even though it might be accurate, I'm sure an awful lot hated this. I personally dont remember horses running out of stam this fast.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

son wrote: All follow me was a part of t2a, get used to it.
Like I pointed out above, so were item bless deeds and duping, and I think we are all in agreement that we don't want that here. If there is no margin for deciding then why not code in the old black-hole dupe bug?

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

son wrote:LOL at all you freaking cry babies.

All follow me was a part of t2a, get used to it.
Agreed.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

dupe bug pls for era accuracy