Instant House - Help Stuck

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Instant House - Help Stuck

Post by Batlin »

OK, one cannot remove "friends/owners".

December 1998 newsposting:
http://groups.google.be/group/rec.games ... 22+%2B1998
(And 'remove thyself' does not work on
friends of the house, or the owner, I tried that!)
August 2000 Stratics Archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/200008181159 ... com/homes/
Eject someone from the house will bring up a targeting cursor and allow you to target someone.
Any house friend may use this command.
The targeted individual will be sent outside the house, 3 tiles from the door.
The ejected character must be a player.
Friends of the house may not be ejected.
A message explaining what happened is given to the victim.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick,

I think Batlin's sources suggest that you can not use "remove thyself' on the house owner as in the house owner being anohter player but I didn't see anything that said that you couldn't target yourself.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Thats a onymoron, only the house owner or friends can use the remove thyself command, so it only works on people who are texas law Grey, or blue in a public house.
[broken image]

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Give me some credit here... i'm trying to save this! ;)

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

You will save nothing

*Shoots help-stuck and remove thyself in the head, execution style*

=)
[broken image]

Teph

Post by Teph »

ppl are gonna log on to friended houses to find they are stuck and if they are red, a gm is gonna have to manually unstuck them or just let them not play

edit: oh i didnt realize reds can now be teleported, i been complaining about that since day 1.... but what if a red dies in t2a

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Teph wrote:but what if a red dies in t2a
A semi-literal answer to your question would be dying in the Lost Lands is no different that dying in Britannia; but if you meant to ask what happens when a red uses the stuck menu in the Lost Lands, lacking and information to the contrary he will still be presented with the option to go to Chaos Shrine for now. It's possible there was a Lost Lands location for murderers, but i don't know of it.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

Im not a big fan of the "remove thyself" command being changed. I often used it to avoid recalling, or moving a bunch of tables to walk outside. I have houses I keep refreshed all which are in the same area as the others, so to refresh all the houses now requires more time, or a recall.

However, If you are trying to stay era accurate. I believe that this era did not even have "locked down, secured, or movable trash barrels" I could be wrong, as T2a had many changes, and it depends which date we are going off of, to in fact make it truly era correct.

I remember that the house menu, including the ability to have friends was not originally implemented, but like i said, I dont remember if it was right after the era was implemented or not. Just wanted to pop this in every ones head!

~Muru
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right