White Wyrm speed non era accurate.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Eulogy

Re: White Wyrm speed non era accurate.

Post by Eulogy »

Speed hacking WWs, lol..
We need something to kill the speed hackers..

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Also, All kill only makes the nearest pet attack, not all of them. To sick 4 wyrms he has to say it 4 times an target 4 times.
Or a Razor Macro

all kill
Wait For Target
a kill
Last Target
b kill
Last Target
c kill
Last Target
. . .

I'm surprised there aren't more tamer pvpers chiming in "NO WAY THE SPEED IS PERFECT"
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

Tron wrote: Who were you on baja during that time?
I was Bob/Faust of Patryn's, Mals, Warlocks, 7, RR, LoD, and my guild 8D...

http://web.archive.org/web/200006211157 ... ard_5.html

http://my.uosecondage.com/guild.aspx?id=221

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

remove their speed. Shit, id rather have ALL KILL dragons than these wyrms, atleast you only died if you were within 5 tiles of 10 dragons instead of being chased for 10 minutes wasting 20 pots heh.
-D- Dreadlord XII

valheru

Post by valheru »

cry some more.

The same PVP article that kavian used to justify the removal of "all kill" states that it was nearly impossible to get away from a white wyrm. this was NOT due to crappy dial up connections back in the day, for it was still VERY hard to outrun them with speedhacks.

people just whine and cry about things that put them at a disadvantage.

hell, just look at Choppas DAILY "why pvp sucks" thread. Even though he knows it's 100 percent accurate, he cries about it. this is what everyone does to taming.

Wahh, mommy, I dont like it even though it's accurate, cry cry cry.

Cry some more please?

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Yeah seriously what is the problem? Taming is really pvm on this shard due to all kill not working.
[broken image]

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

tekai wrote:Yeah seriously what is the problem? Taming is really pvm on this shard due to all kill not working.

if thats the case this this change wont affect tamers at all. white wyrms dont need to run that fast if you're only killings mobs with them.

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

It's not whining when most the people here actually did play during the era, and it is pretty obvious when everyone is agreeing. You don't need "evidence" to back this up. Wyrms were fast, but like stated 10 times over, nowhere near as fast that you were chased down and could no way get rid of them. Sometimes i feel people really didn't play on OSI back in the day.

I think i remember most of the era's

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

Its so funny to me that all the people who dispute my claims about how things really were are all people who were pushed off of every single server my guild went to after its creation. You guys just like not being waxed in 2 seconds flat by a good player, so you argue to keep things the way you like it, this isn't accurate sorry.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Jason wrote:It's not whining when most the people here actually did play during the era, and it is pretty obvious when everyone is agreeing. You don't need "evidence" to back this up. Wyrms were fast, but like stated 10 times over, nowhere near as fast that you were chased down and could no way get rid of them. Sometimes i feel people really didn't play on OSI back in the day.

I think i remember most of the era's
How many times are you going to copy/paste that pic all over the forums? lol

Faust

Post by Faust »

The pic doesn't really matter much anyways since you could have easily bought the account...

Not that it really matters much to myself it's just something that doesn't really matter a whole lot in that respect.

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Never bought any account. Bought the charter edition for 79.99, since my friends brother played the beta and i thought it was amazing. Played well before there was a "point gain" system, when you could achieve over 100 in a stat (str), when you could talk while hiding, houses cost 9,000 for a small and could be placed on top of a tower, wooden shields took 1 ingot and would sell for 33 gold if the vendor had cash, houses could be placed in towns etc etc. I'm not trying to start anything or complain, i never even deal with white wyrms on here, i just think that it is pretty obvious they are moving faster than they should.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The current belief of staff is that the speed cap on all creatures should be one tile per tick. This is a white wyrms natural run speed, without having been issued to "follow" command. All tamed creatures currently that are issued follow, will follow at twice their natural run speed. The white wyrm is the sole exception in tamable creatures that would break that theorized speed limit.

The limit is logical and makes sense, and the cited "PvP Tamers" article does state don't bother telling your Wyrms to follow, however because it's only been a theory and there's been nothing concrete to state that tile/tick speed limit and because the discussion on the speed had faded, it hasn't been implemented.

It should be stated though that currently a player mounted should run 25% faster than a white wyrm, they shouldn't be keeping up with you.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote: It should be stated though that currently a player mounted should run 25% faster than a white wyrm, they shouldn't be keeping up with you.
You definately run faster than a WW. People just run into trees and try to turn and whatnot to get away which does no good.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Derrick wrote: It should be stated though that currently a player mounted should run 25% faster than a white wyrm, they shouldn't be keeping up with you.
You definately run faster than a WW. People just run into trees and try to turn and whatnot to get away which does no good.
I don't think Derrick is including ping. I've had WWs chase me from the GY, throughout WB and EB, nearly all the way to urks where we killed them.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat