Getting Started, Quick & Easy

Moderator: Support Moderators

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Getting Started, Quick & Easy

Post by RoadKill »

Create a character with 50 magery and 49 resist, 1 Provocation. 58 strength, 11 dex, 11 int (that's what I prefer, 11 dex so I can push through someone and not be at 0 stamina, 11 int for the ability to use 4th circle.)

Start in Britain.

Spend your money on instruments (see tinker shop.) Macro Discordance and you should also gain Musicianship. The delay for this is quicker than if you were to just macro musicianship and the gains are roughly the same (better since you get more attempts in.)

Once you're at 85+ musicianship you can head over to the Stables and start macroing provocation between 2 animals. Use the stable pens to keep the animals from hitting each other or you. After a few hours you should be GM music and well over 50 provocation. I noticed provocation "speeds up" in gains between 40 and 65-80 skill, then it starts to get slower again. Keep on macroing, you should be able to GM music & provocation this way in a reasonable time (I left mine on for about 18hrs ingame time and got fairly close)

Now you have a solid character with:
50 Magery, 49 Resist, 100 Music, 100 Provocation (even if provok is only in the 90s, its still very useable) You should also have around 60 str, 20-30 dex, 15-25 int. This character can be used to kill almost anything. I also suggest macroing hiding up a bit (70s should be fine)

Farm until you've got around 10k gold (Despise Ogre Lords, Deceit LLs, Yew Lich spawn, Fire temple, Destard, etc.. all great spots to raise quick/easy money with this template)

Next buy yourself up to the skill cap and see-saw. There is a thread about see-sawing in the forums if you don't know how to do it.

The information in this guide is in no way shape or form an "original concept" by me, I'm just the guy typing it up :) This method/character template has been a great and easy way to startup on any T2A era shard for years.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

russ

Re: Getting Started, Quick & Easy

Post by russ »

this wouldnt work for me at 0 discordance skill it says it had no effect and the skill wouldnt go up. maybe im doing something wrong but i dunno

Shivers

Post by Shivers »

russ wrote:this wouldnt work for me at 0 discordance skill it says it had no effect and the skill wouldnt go up. maybe im doing something wrong but i dunno
It does work ; Make sure you have an instrument on you , also make sure your musicianship and discordance arent locked.

I dont really see anything else that wouldnt work there. if you still have the problem , post more details please.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Discordance?

Discordance is a skill that replaced enticement, But here it works as entice, but I think you guys mean Provo don't ya?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Derrick wrote:Discordance?

Discordance is a skill that replaced enticement, But here it works as entice, but I think you guys mean Provo don't ya?
No, to gain music fast you lock discordance (enticement) at 0 and use the skill. Since it has a low delay, you gain music skill quickly from secondary gains.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I apologize for replying to a thread that I didn't read. Thanks Storm.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Derrick wrote:I apologize for replying to a thread that I didn't read. Thanks Storm.
I'll forgive you this time. Don't let it happen again! :P

seth

Post by seth »

Great guide!! Working like a charm. Already 100 musicianship and 70+ provoking and climbing. Thank you for this guide.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

seth wrote:Already 100 musicianship and 70+ provoking and climbing.
I never knew climbing was a UO skill. Sweet! :P

kiasta

Post by kiasta »

Provocation seems to not be a usable skill, enticement is but is not increasing provocation one bit. I am a little confused by your guide. Musicianship is increasing very well btw.

*edit* Nevermind there was a problem with the patch I used to get it to 5.0.8.3 everything is going along well.

kiasta

Post by kiasta »

Storm wrote:

No, to gain music fast you lock discordance (enticement) at 0 and use the skill. Since it has a low delay, you gain music skill quickly from secondary gains.
Actually, I find that enticement is much faster than discordance for musicianship. It only needs a .75 second wait time and it levels quite a bit faster than discordance.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

kiasta wrote:
Storm wrote:

Actually, I find that enticement is much faster than discordance for musicianship. It only needs a .75 second wait time and it levels quite a bit faster than discordance.
Enticement is discordance...

Return to “New Player Help”