Fixed: Balron loot drastically incorrect

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Fixed: Balron loot drastically incorrect

Post by MatronDeWinter »

REPORTED ISSUE: The Balron in Hycloth drops the same loot and it is incorrect.

ISSUE DETAILS: I have killed about 15 Balrons in Hycloth today, it took me roughly 15 minutes to kill each one, I was hoping to find a good macig weapon like I would on OSI. Instead each of the 15 Balrons dropped the same exact loot. 13-1500 gold, some scrolls and a Magic Broadsword. So I have 15 Magic broadswords, cool right? Well each and every one of them were "a durable broadsword" Seriously? I spent hours killing these things.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Collector of Souls room in Hycloth.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Kill several balrons and check out the loot.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Mabye fix his loot to the 3 or 4 magic items, one of which is almost always a power or vanq.

DATE REPORTED: March 22, 2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 3/29/2009

Derrick

Re: Balron loot drastically incorrect

Post by Derrick »

As soon as i saw this I hopped down to the Balron room in Hyth to check the loot. The following does not include the gold gems and scrolls that dropped:
The first Balron I killed dropped a silver durable broadsword of feeblemind and ruin", "indestructable heater shield of fort", "surpassingly accurate crossbow".
The second dropped "a broad sword of burning"
The third dropped "an accurate broadsword" and "platemail legs of invulnerability"
The 4th, "an accurate broadsword" and "a leather gorget of hardening", the 4th, a "silver durable broadsword" and "a buckler of fort"
The 5th "an accurate broadsword of ruin", "a bronze shield of fort", and "studded bustier of guarding".
The 6th, "eminently accurate heavy crossbow of vanquishing" and "an accurate broadsword".

I will say the quality of the broadswords seems a little low, but with the speed of this spawn and having got 2 silvers, a vanq, and an invulerability in 6 kills, i think the loot is reasonable.

The odds of getting 15 broadswords in a row that had exactly the same properties is staggeringly low, but possible.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

yeah i was killing them and i was getting wands and other items as well, thats funny you got all broad swords though

EDIT: Well the chance of you getting 15 durable broadswords is so insanely low its hard to imagine it not being a bug.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I got to add to this as well. I used to kill balrons a lot cause of the loot and the simplicity of it with my bard. I've probably killed 30-50+ balrons in the past month or so and I believe all the loot I got from them were 2 devious maps and a vanq heavy xbow...the rest were garbage broadswords...granted I've gotten some gems and scrolls and such. But seeing as these are some of the higher end monsters on how hard they are, I should be getting much better loot from them then say the titans/cyclops and dragons/drakes, and currently that is not the case, I get much better loot per avg on dragons/drakes.

Senses

Post by Senses »

It seems to me that the magic broadsword is just filler loot. So, every kill gives you a crap broadsword, best being silver, then the possibility of one real magic item. This does seem low to me when you consider that these are as hard and time consuming to kill as dragons. If you remove the crap filler broadsword from the equation, you really just recieved the same loot a yew lich drops.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Senses wrote:It seems to me that the magic broadsword is just filler loot. So, every kill gives you a crap broadsword, best being silver, then the possibility of one real magic item. This does seem low to me when you consider that these are as hard and time consuming to kill as dragons. If you remove the crap filler broadsword from the equation, you really just recieved the same loot a yew lich drops.
I've killed 100's of liches and never got anything power or vanq before.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Daolin wrote:
Senses wrote:It seems to me that the magic broadsword is just filler loot. So, every kill gives you a crap broadsword, best being silver, then the possibility of one real magic item. This does seem low to me when you consider that these are as hard and time consuming to kill as dragons. If you remove the crap filler broadsword from the equation, you really just recieved the same loot a yew lich drops.
I've killed 100's of liches and never got anything power or vanq before.

i got a vanq shepards crook off a regualr lich in wind the other day. kinda suprised me lol

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The broadsword that the balron drops was completely messed up. This was reported to me previously and I appologize for not getting to it sooner. This problem also applied to Terathean Warriors.

Senses

Post by Senses »

i knew it! Once again my observations prove invaluable!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Okay, so basically I was getting nothing, 15 times in a row, and the crappy broadswords were just filler loot, great! I'll try again when I feel like my luck has changed.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Ive killed about 6 balrons total on this shard and the last one I killed dropped a +20 Silver Hally of Power
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Faust

Post by Faust »

The broadsword is suppose to be a default regular broadsword not magic.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The deamon wielding the sword drops a regular broadsword (the other deamon type just wrestles)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I remember being able to remove the sword from the corpse and the body-id of the corpse would change to that of a daemon without the sword. That doesnt seem to work here.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't ever recall that happening. Does anyone else remember this? I'm a bit curious.