Stable bought animals do not have a 0 retame skill

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Stable bought animals do not have a 0 retame skill

Post by nightshark »

I posted this somewhere before but couldn't find it...

Since stable bought creatures are never tamed, they do not have a 0 skill requirement on UOSA. They should.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Dagon

Re: Stable bought animals do not have a 0 retame skill

Post by Dagon »

I noticed this too and said "hm, that sucks", but then figured since you bought the animal ---- and didn't tame it --- then it doesn't apply. Which is what you just said too "Since bought creatures are never tamed, they do not have a 0 (re-tame) requirement". I think it sort of solves the problem on it's own. Unless you can provide some evidence that store bought should have a 0 re-tame value also.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

there was nothing you couldn't retame in '99 but obviously there would be no point to document something like that since "retame value is also 0 for storebought animals", since the animal was tame to begin with.

since UOSA uses runUO default for anything that derrick hasn't altered, there is no reason to believe store bought animals could not be retamed (and that absolutely wasn't the case). the logic in place at the moment is backward.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

While I agree that there is some logical distinction between animals that are store bought, and those which are tamed; The retame has simply been based on whether the animal had a previous owner or not. The flag indicating that the animal had been previously owned (actually internally a list of previous owners) was not being updated in some specific cases, including purchase at a stable. This was remedied this morning.

If we do discover it is the case that purchased animals should not have zero-retame we can readdress this.

Thansk guys.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."