chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Back in Action

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Back in Action

Post by chumbucket »

I have already told of what occurred during the digging up of the fabled mongbat map. After all the excitement, I went out in search of more adventure. And adventure I did find.

At the event, after my daring escape, Lord British apparently asked the citizens of UOSA to track me down. Many thought that meant there was some reward for my capture. Thus, many people followed me around shouting "You are under arrest" or "I'm afraid you'll have to accompany me back to Castle British." I'm afraid I didn't go, as I was busy digging up traps I had saved and spreading the joy.

These fellows followed me to a meeting point I arranged for all of my various chumbuckets. I intended to gate the chumbuckets to a spot I had set up to get things in order, but the citizen-police looked as though they might follow.

So I make a barricade.

After setting things to order, I went out in search of good times. A gate cast by some orcs provided me with my first bit of fun.

Alas, there was not much PHAT LEWT OMG to be had, so I took a bag of exceptional bows and a bag of exceptional heavy crossbows. Perhaps I can sell them for a small profit.

Next up, some fellows at a bank cast a gate after discussing a soon-to-fall IDOC. Naturally, I follow, but it turns out that the IDOC has fallen. When I make my appearance, they proclaim that I am under arrest! They have no loot. This looks boring.

But I remember that this fellow was one of the lucky few who looted a mongbat map off of the mongbat lords at the event. If only there were some way to get him to bring that map to me...

I demand that he tell me who has put this bounty on my head. He offers to hide me out from John Law. While we hide, I bring up the topic of the mongbat map---how rare it is!---what treasures can be obtained by those who know how to use it (me)! So he brings it to me!

Alas, I gave it back so as not to sully the good name of the event.

Finally, I snag a rune off a random bank sitter. It is to his house, so I lie in wait.

And I needn't wait long, as he and his friend show up almost immediately to join the two others inside, but they bring with them an unwelcome surprise---a bank thief followed them in through their gate. While remaining hidden, I party up with the thief. I sneak in the house, while he runs in circles, drawing their attention. Once again, however, there is no good loot. But there are still good times to be had. One of them runs out the door to administer OMG LEET JUSTICE on the head of the theif, so I drop a chumbox in the doorway with predictable results.

Pretty soon, I'm dropping boxes everywhere, and a second person falls.

A third one comes to the door to loot his fallen comrades, so I stand behind and call in the assault. When that is done, I box in the last of the four comrades.

And that is the tale of my first day back.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Back in Action

Post by JoshuaLee »

Lord British will not be happy about this! We must apprehend the criminal and place him where he belongs!
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Return to “Tales of Adventure”