chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Pair of Gentlemen

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Pair of Gentlemen

Post by chumbucket »

At Vesper today, I was promoting my new publication: For Calista of B_D: A Collection of Haiku. (Available at all fine retailers.) I had just tried to borrow some reagents from Lord Samson, a nightmare riding dandy who is always trying to kill me in town. The guards objected. I died. The usual. As I was about to make the long run to the Vesper healer shop, I noticed a newbie begging another local thief named Kane for help. (Kane is the disreputable type of thief who steals from other thieves and constantly feels a need to assert his l33tness, but I digress.) This newbie has a problem, but a good problem to have. It seemed that he and his friend had managed to sneak into a tower owned by some pk. The pk had left, but they feared that if they attempted to move his loot alone, they may be locked out of the tower. Could Kane help? They could all just rob the tower together as soon as his partner sends a gate!

Now, if you have any wits about you, you know this is a scam. Why would you want help to loot a tower if you have two people? I suspect Kane knew this as well, but figured he had nothing to lose. Up comes the gate. By this time, I had stealthed over on another character, and so in the gate I go as well. But, of course, I went in hidden.

On the other side was exactly what I expected: Two gentlemen by the names of Jerrick and Malisterium were waiting in ambush. They let loose arrows and explosions, and Kane drops dead, but not before taunting them about the fact that he has no loot. They don't care, they respond, they just want his head. Fair enough I suppose. I began taking screenshots of the ensuing conversation, which took a few amusing turns. It was long enough that I will just let the many, many screenshots I took recount it for you.

After this long conversation, I was revealed and attacked. They had not known of my presence the entire time. After the attack, I recalled away. I tried to give them a murder count by committing suicide. (An explosion had landed on me outside the tower, so one of them at least had committed an aggressive act.) Unfortunately, it didn't work, as it took me a while to get my belongings in order.

Incidentally, I hate to upset them, but they live near Minoc in a tower named 'The Lair', UO Positioning System Coordinates 2654, 561. Here's a screen.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Pair of Gentlemen

Post by MatronDeWinter »

now let's all go housecamp

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

that conversation they had was ridiculous. :lol: :lol:
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

ROFL! Haha! Awesome job chum! This was THE best part:

ImageImage

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

Teknix wrote:that conversation they had was ridiculous. :lol: :lol:
Orange text guy tells stories like a girlfriend.

blahbalbhlab and then I blahbalbhlabhalbhablah but THEN bahblabhablhlah...

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

My favorite part is when orange guy pines away for a man to acknowledge him...NEEDY MUCH?

y2a

Post by y2a »

Yup "chumfucker" is easily the best screenie there. Hilarious convo about you while you were in there the whole time.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”