Supporting Second Age: Forum group for active subscribers

News and Announcements
Derrick

Supporting Second Age: Forum group for active subscribers

Post by Derrick »

I want to thank all of the donors and subscribers to Second Age.
Without their selfless donations to UOSA it would be a struggle to keep the shard funded.

It's long been a challenge to find a way to recognize our supporters, as we give no form of in-game reward or preferential treatment for donations to the shard. I've just instituted a new forum group for active subscribers so that these members have a special hue to their forum names, and are listed in the membership of the new "Subscribers" group.

Please thank these players for their contribution to the shard. Second Age is not for profit: we barely make ends meet here.

I've also allotted this group an expanded size PM inbox, to the maximum of 9999, vs the 250 messages most forum accounts are limited to.

Finding ways to encourage support of the shard; while keeping the game "straight" is a struggle we've faced for some time. Ideas on other ways that we could thank our donors and subscribers are very welcome.

If you are interested in becoming a subscriber to Second Age, or to make a one time donation of any amount (no amount is too small), please visit the Support The Shard page on our main website.

Thanks!

ps: Subscription emails don't always match the forum account, so if i missed any current subscribers in the new list, please let me know!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Supporting Second Age: Forum group for active subscriber

Post by fortin »

Thanks Derrick! The small monthly subscription is the least I can do for the countless hours of entertainment you have provided me. I am truly grateful. Keep up the awesome work guys. This shard is the best.

Charla

Post by Charla »

At this time in my life I am unable to donate; but I wanted to thank Derrick and all the people who contribute to this

shard my thanks so very much.

I have a older computer and slow internet speed, so I am unable to do a lot of what other players can. But----

Secondage has so much to offer, I really can enjoy the shard and do so many things, not just crafting, which I also

enjoy.

Secondage has something to for every play style , I feel, so thank you all.

Giant hugs

Westra

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm really glad you and so many more are are enjoying the shard. And there is of course no expectation that everyone contribute to the costs, and it's certainly understandable that some don't have the means. The number one goal is to provide a stable, reliable, fair and professionally run game that appeals to a wide range of players, and one that people can enjoy without worrying that we'll close it down or bring in less than professional game staff.

That being said; no amount is too little. If you have an extra dollar or even less in your paypal account we certainly won't begrudge you for contributing such a small amount. Our monthly costs spread over our active player base are incredibly low.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “Shard News”