SHOULD EVENTS BE REMOVED OR LIMITED

Topics related to Second Age

Should events be limited or removed?

Yes, remove all events and all tournaments.
33%
Yes, remove all events but some tournaments on the weekends.
No votes
Yes, reduce the amount of events and tournaments per week.
19%
No, I enjoy the current system of events and tournaments.
48%

Total votes: 69

uofuntime

Re: SHOULD EVENTS BE REMOVED OR LIMITED

Post by uofuntime »

All I wish is for more CTF, Double Domination. And I'm always asleep when they take place!

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

BlackFoot wrote:i can speak for myself and about 10 maybe of my guild mates (i can only guess this translates to more players who play the way we do) when i say if you remove events we arent going to go start field pvping.
We play events for fun when they happen but they aren't taking us away from any fielding.
With no events you would not just sit in your house. You and your guild would farm, train skills, go taming, and go hunting. This in itself would force you to be in a high risk situations and engage in pvp, rather than waiting for the event to start in 2 hours so you log off and wait. With no events, you either play uo or you dont, not set a timer and come back later.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Vlastslav wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:i can speak for myself and about 10 maybe of my guild mates (i can only guess this translates to more players who play the way we do) when i say if you remove events we arent going to go start field pvping.
We play events for fun when they happen but they aren't taking us away from any fielding.
With no events you would not just sit in your house. You and your guild would farm, train skills, go taming, and go hunting. This in itself would force you to be in a high risk situations and engage in pvp, rather than waiting for the event to start in 2 hours so you log off and wait. With no events, you either play uo or you dont, not set a timer and come back later.
I agree, I would rather see people out doing ANYTHING

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Vlastslav wrote:
I agree, I would rather see people out doing ANYTHING
I don't really care for events i hardly ever do any and rarely any tournaments, however if someone has something better to do in most cases they are going to do it, if anything it will most likely decrease shard activity and from what I can tell quite a few people play this shard just to collect trophies and get unique items to show off on their many houses.

And when you say you would rather see people out doing ANYTHING, I can tell you for one i wait for server off-peak hours before i go hunting or pretty much anything high risk, because when ever i do go hunting during peak i end up loosing money and wondering why there are so many gank squads running through this one spot. So maybe your just not on while people are out doing ANYTHING, or maybe they are just places you aren't.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I pretty much get around all over the place. I recently started a population map of the old-lands, (see other thread), I know when people are on/off and typically where they are. Your statement of "however if someone has something better to do in most cases they are going to do it" is faulty I can tell you for sure. A great deal of people drop everything to head to these events, and it is quite a distraction.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

So i guess you could tell me my favorite hunting places? or at least the top 3.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Alex21 wrote:So i guess you could tell me my favorite hunting places? or at least the top 3.
I really don't care where you hunt.
The point of the population map is to locate the density of population over time. In the few days worth of compiling I have already, there is a CLEAR difference when events are present. When I get enough of a sample size to make a clear map over the course of a weeks time, I will post it in the thread I created for this. Your comment stands on it's own as a statement of your personal opinion, but fails as an argument.
Alex21, by-line edited by me wrote:I don't particularly care to participate in the events, however, my opinion is that people are not distracted by them, and I think that the removal of events (or lessening in frequency) will lessen the liklihood of those that log-on specifically for the events, only for trophies, to log in.

I prefer to go hunting during off-peak hours, because I find it easier to play when the PK's are less active. After listing my personal experience, explaining that I am not typically online during peak times anyway, I am going to claim that my opinion on this matter is greater than yours based on speculation alone.
See? Now your comment makes more sense. Nobody can deny that the population of Felucca, Brittania, is significantly effected in the frames of time that these events run, unless they are stating their personal opinion. If you would have just stated your opinion, that would have been just fine.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

We should remove era accuracy from the shard.

Era-Accuracy is obviously hindering the growth of our population, Lets face it no ones going to play this shard just because its OSI-Accurate.

Accuracy is really holding us back anyways, Scrap it all and focus on things that will truly make this game fun.

Pro

Post by Pro »

azisza wrote:
Pro wrote:Derrick did something similar to this before and it basically destroyed the "casual" playerbase. Leave events as they are and pk bucs after if ur so upset.
Casual player base, yeah? Like who Choppa and Spanky? Comon man, this server has never relied on players who slag off the game and jump ship whenever the server gets hot or cold. It's people like them that pose a miss representation on actual player base.
I was talking mainly about ctfs and other stuff like that tbh i couldn't care less if tourneys were removed It'll just mean i'll need a new way of making gold ;[
azisza wrote: Why don't you ask Derrick to bring back the Jeholm Duel Pit system? Maybe that will bring cause to the "Casual Player Base" to play more frequently. Perhaps then some of us will be able to roll the “Casual Player Base", cause how it stands now, guilds like ours can barely get our hands on you meely low life crotch peasants while organized duels are scheduled.
I agree, we should make use of the guild arenas all around the map these closed in areas are never so mething i was a fan of.
azisza wrote: Oh but wait, you’re defense is we are “Casual Players” What does a casual player really mean, Pro? Does it mean someone who plays for a specific purpose? Like duels? Why? Cause they don’t agree with the mechanics of field PvP? Please explain.
My defence isn't anything I've always preferred field pvp I was merely stating what has happened before.
azisza wrote: From how I see it Pro, you're just waiting for another server to open that caters to your generic PvP method. ‘The Ultimate Sync’ isn’t that the name of your fantasy server?

You’re on standby and you have been for sometime now. Your guild status shows this in many ways:

What happened to –F-? Right it turned into MyM. But what happened to MyM? It merged with Cr3w and ‘toss-about-slags’ from T-B like Vanette. And yet you ally KA for whatever reason.

The fact of it is clear; you have lost the true meaning of your identity and you’re fed up with the PvP mechanics of this shard. And so are your “Casual Player Base” buddies. Until you wake up and realize this, you will still be as ignorant as the day you came here.

Good fights, you faceless bastard.
I'm not ignorant, truth is our "guild" became too inactive for us to remain as a single entity, -F- at the start had anywhere from 6-16 on at anytime of the day, and when mym was started (i wasn't there for the first week) but by then we had an established group of core members (me, chad , fwerp, kinarah , mike , Devon + a few other casual players), we can't do that anymore we don't (at least when I play) have enough members to do that anymore.

As for my "style of pvp", Syncs are used on every pre AoS freeshard, and it is the most effective way of killing people, just because TG play like retards spamming spells, offscreening and running around on dexers it doesnt mean you're a by any means better players then us you just lack the co ordination to play the same way as we do.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

So because I don't stick with a dead/inactive guild I'm a slag :(? Yes, my character Vanette IS in crew, but no I do not fight along side them, I did like twice.

I've faught mym probably more than most other people on the shard combined, I've lost enough loot to them to probably stock a house for weeks. Infact, I once again died to them today. Sure, we have faught along side on occasion, but i've also faught alongside Tagarr from TG as well, infact I've healed Malice before when he was being ganked as well.

What does that make them for "allying" with me? TBH TG isn't on the field as much as you think or claim. You run your gank squads of dexxers around and 4v1 random bards & mages, and on the occasion come around on 4-6 tank mages/dexxers into the "real field". In your own town, you hid from 3 of us with your 5, and only proceeded to engage us when MHK showed up with 4 and hopped on us. Guess that means you allied with MHK to fight us?

TBH, back to the original point.. It does suck that 90% of the "PvPers" on this shard are tourney duelers. These are the SAME exact people who run around on blue characters NOT in O/C guilds. Normally I'd be all for removing these events, if it would actually remedy the problem. If you think removing these events though would encourage people to step ONTO the field and risk losing their loot, like those of us in SMB & TG do, then you're sadly mistaken.

P.S, I love you.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I am on the field every day..

Removing tournaments won't encourage me to field more, it would just make my 1000's of trophies worth 4x as much.

Carry on. 8)
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Vlastslav wrote:
we are out in the game farming training skills taming and hunting anyway... regardless of events or no events, thats why we play the game. Events are just a fun aside that we do sometimes. This will not change the way we play either way.. just sayin.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Lol i can't remember posting in this thread, i stayed up to late last night...

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

This thread has come up before, and a poll was attached to it, very much like this one.

People were crying about there being too many events!

They scaled back the # of events in response. Looks like that didn't last long.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

DrFaustus wrote:This thread has come up before, and a poll was attached to it, very much like this one.

People were crying about there being too many events!

They scaled back the # of events in response. Looks like that didn't last long.
The event have increased with the diversity of the population as it seems the majority were taking place in very particular times when the server was on peak, but now even when the server is off-peak it still has plenty of players to fill events, and they want to fill events.