Pianos

Topics related to Second Age
Lothain

Pianos

Post by Lothain »

If you've made a piano, put a screenshot of it up here, and offer whatever helpful hints you have. I am finally getting somewhat please with mine.

Here I used torches for the legs (it will not be publicly accessible, so this is ok), used two small pianos for the front, and a raised cloak, dyed black shipwreck pillow (large square), and some layers of cloth for the back.

Sentinel

Re: Pianos

Post by Sentinel »

How did you manage to get that curve on the right side of the piano using straight-edged cloth and pillows? Or to have them floating in the air? I'm always impressed when people figure out ways to use items to create things like this.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

It looks like a black clothing item. Probably a cloak, but might be a skirt or something.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Flower

Post by Flower »

Looks great!

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Yeah I always liked when people made this kind of stuff. I remember players would sell kits on their vendors with supplies and a book with step by step instructions on making pianos, fishtanks, and such.
Nice Job!

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

The curve is from a raised cloak. I used to use fancy shirts, but the image they use for them now seems smaller. It took a bit of tweaking, but over the course of a few weeks I had the patience, =P.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Excellent. Now, only if we could find a way to build a gogo dancer...

pablo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pablo »

I don't think he wanted to actually see other examples, just wanted to show off his work... having said that...nice job.

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

I actually did want to see others, because there are still a few problems with mine. It doesn't seem that deco is v. big here though, ;)

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

ti asw reat seing ppl work 2 hard for ier screnshoots

heimdallr
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by heimdallr »

i remember in 1999 it was all the craze to build a santa clause

the worst thing is those chairs, they never go the direction you want... is there a secret to that?

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

heimdallr wrote:the worst thing is those chairs, they never go the direction you want... is there a secret to that?
Yep. Move the chair around on the floor until it *is* facing the right direction. Then drag it to a wooden box/crate. Place the crate where you want the chair to go, and hit it with a hatchet. Your chair will be facing the right way, on the right tile.

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

OMG AWESOME!! :P
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

That's a very nice piano, one of the better ones I've seen.

Xarb

Post by Xarb »

heimdallr wrote: the worst thing is those chairs, they never go the direction you want... is there a secret to that?
The trick we used back in OSI days (not sure if it works on these RunUO servers) was to drop the item in the direction you wanted it to face.

e.g. If you wanted to place your chair to the tile west of you, and you wanted it facing west, you would place it on the tile east of yourself and then drag it from east to west. This would make it face west.

Again I've never tried it on a player-run server so I have no idea if it still works this way.